I am Not Getting Clients from Notary Cafe

Lying is never a good idea. If you have no experience then say you have no experience. BUT you can give examples of how you have an eye for detail due to previous experience in other areas and you can list any signing agent training that you have received.
When I first started doing signings I had no direct experience - BUT I was in the mortgage industry previously so I would tell people that I have X amount of experience in the mortgage industry so I was familiar with the documents.

2 Likes

Oh Iā€™m sorry I replied to the wrong thread.

I canā€™t remember the last time I had a signing from NotaryCafe. I have excellent credentials and experience, but I do not get many signings. What to do?

No never lie. Notaries are suppose to show integrity and honesty.

1 Like

Helloā€¦
I feel your painā€¦ Iā€™ve been with Notary Cafe since Nov 2016ā€¦ and NOT ONE CALLā€¦
I actually contacted them and was told to change my zips aroundā€¦ I did that still NADAā€¦ update my picā€¦ did that still NADAā€¦ now I jus really use Notary Cafe for the forums & advice
If anything changes for you, please reach out. Iā€™d like to know what Iā€™m doing wrongā€¦

I think that most of the companies that used to use this site as a signing platform have gone over to Snapdocs.

Iā€™ve signed up on Snapdocs, and my profile is 76% completely. But still havenā€™t had the first contact with companies yet. My profile would be verified but once I post my bond and id soon.

I have never received an order through Notary Cafe. I really cannot understand this having completed 20 assignments this past couple weeks without any coming through this site. However, I still have faith that this site will be a viable outlet. Hope something comes through before the end of the year. :))

1 Like

Same here I havenā€™t gotten one request been member for 5 months. I donā€™t plan to renew my membership after it expires. Good forum thats it.

I realize this thread is almost 2 years old but I want to weigh in because I am a real fan of this site! I have received 3 GNW jobs and countless referrals from people who found me on here. I received a loan consolidation signing and Iā€™m being called back again tomorrow to finish the rest of the docs. (Too bad I canā€™t add signings on here myself but maybe I can ask the client to do so.) IDK yet how all of this works.
When I had an issue with my set up, I received a response from NC within an hour & it was fixed within minutes.
I couldnā€™t be happier!
On another site Iā€™ve gotten no clients at all and my profile still shows that I have a zero rating I guess because I donā€™t participate enough. My profile is 100% complete so I donā€™t know what else to do at this point. I emailed for help but received no response.
YMMV. Good luck everyone!

Snap Docs is great. I am new to Notary Cafe, but I donā€™t think I have received an order from them as yet.

1 Like

Some sites you sign up with require you to be a member of notary cafƩ because then they can download all your information/credentials from there.

I read the thread shortly before the expiring of my 1 year membership then got a deal that covered the membership plus about $50 more. Used the closing money to renew just in case. I guess you can say at least it pays for itself.

When responding to SnapDo-- you can enter a fee rebuttal. if EVERYONE would put in $100++ then we would see the prices rising. They would have no choice.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more! Even more, they might even try being nice to us for once.
I like the article in NNA mag this month about civility.

2 Likes

The ones you mentioned offer very low fees, and I canā€™t justify working for free.

I used to do work for quite a few SD listed companies that I used to work directly for, but theyā€™re fees have all gone down to insulting fees, and will NOT negotiate. Iā€™m also not part of Vendor Pay any longer and choose not to provide this info as with the recent outbreaks of identify theft, I donā€™t trust that site. Now, if SD implements their clients to pay its nsaā€™s via PayPal, I probably would sign up again, as I trust PayPal as Iā€™ve been a business vendor for 10 years.

I have received several good paying clients from this site. In fact, much better paying than SnapDocs who tend to lowball.

3 Likes

Just renewed and upgraded to Pro.

I have only received 2 orders, one last week which was a good paying order and the other a few months ago.

So, Iā€™m here to stay for some time. Everyone have a great day!

Update: Just received another order today.

3 Likes

My experience as well.

1 Like

As notaries, Iā€™m afraid lying isnā€™t acceptable, and I understand your frustrations, but as long as you have your credentials, and are honest, the work will come. We all had to go the ropes before being able to show numerous closings done on some of these applications. To be honest, I really donā€™t think most of these companies even look at that information. What theyā€™re looking for is professionalism at itā€™s best, aka youā€™re a signing agent with updated credentials, and the availability to do the job at a reasonable price. Beyond that, itā€™s unfortunate, but this is how most of these companies run their businesses. Title companies are a different story, but they are not unattainable because you donā€™t have enough history. They are willing to give you a shot just as long as they donā€™t get burned by you. In that, I mean not showing up for a job you accepted through them, or not sending the package back in a timely manner, or when you made a mistake, you werenā€™t willing to go the extra mile to make it right. We all make mistakes from time to time, but to leave a mistake in these companyā€™s laps, and just walking away from them with no remorse, is unacceptable, and will black list you from their Notary list in a flash. And if you arenā€™t available when theyā€™re trying to reach you, they donā€™t take kindly to that. Common sense, and a professional attitude will get you everywhere in this business. After all, we are notaries first, therefore, integrity is expected in its highest form.

2 Likes