I just got an enotary job not remote but docs online. i have docusign anyone in pa use docusign or know how to do it for notary

i have an enotary job in 20 minutes can anyone tell me how to do it. this is my first one

I just saw this post and was wondering how it went and what it entailed?

We are not supposed to use Docusign. we have choices of pavaso, docverify and I forget the 3rd one but it is not docusign. And in order to use any of these we must be enotaries 1st.

And I am a PA notary

Does PA require an electronic notary endorsement for Notaries?

Pa requires an enotary application and then they need to choose a platform and go through the training and vetting process in the platform and in normal times would need to go to the county to record notary esignature. Things a bit different now because of the covid 19. I have been an enotary for about 2 years now so I am already able to do RON signings.

Pa is very strict with the stay at home orders. Notaries in Pa are not considered essential unless we are employees of a bank or financial institution. If you are a mobile notary like I am and recieve a 1099 from companies that you work with you are to stay at home and in person signings of any kind are not allowable. By doing business at the signers location can gain you fines and loss of license. RON is temporarily allowed in Pa because of the stay at home orders for all notarial acts as of the April 20th but you need to be a enotary 1st and you will need to apply with the secretary of state and then join one of the 3 Pennsylvania approved platforms. Docusign is not one of the approved platforms and using it can result in a lot of trouble for you.

The other problem is that signing and title companies are telling Pa signing agents that they are essential and allowed to do signings. It is not true! Protect yourself and do you own research, calling, emails and zoom classes with PAN (Pa association of Notaries). The only notaries who are concidered essential in Pa are court recorders/stanographers and for Real estate transactions that started an agreement of sale before 3/25 and are employees of a business that is allowed to be open.

I’m in Washington. Notaries are considered part of the legal profession here, so are deemed essential. Signing Agents are allowed as part of the essential financial services.

I, too, have been an eNotary for some time, and do a lot of hybrid closings.

Pavaso is my provider. I chose them thinking ahead. While several companies provide services for hybrid signings (and show you an electronic “seal”), very few certify that electronic seal for use in RON. Docusign does not certify Notaries for RON, I was told after I pushed my way up to a customer service level that understood the difference between an esigning (parties all present) and RON (borrowers and Notary in different locations).

1 Like

Pa legal profession is considered non essential and so are realtors. Notaries in pa are considered legal and/or real estate professionals. Very messed up. So all notaries but the ones that I mentioned before are considered non essential.

Probably helps that our governor is an attorney, and our Association of Realtors is VERY influential. The first essential list did not include real estate. The second, issued 24 hours later, did.

But Washington considers financial services essential, and loan signings to be part of financial services. If an NSA wants to work, we can.

1 Like

I can do docusigns in Hawaii but RON or PAVASO is not allowed in Hawaii
It’s a state thing
Docusign is super easy

You “chose” Pavasco, or you were “assigned” or “referred” to them by a Title Company?

For WA, you have to state a company. I became a certified eNotary with Pavaso.

For orders, I sign using whatever software the lender wishes. Clear Sign, Docusign, Intellisign, Authentisign, Pavaso… the process is basically the same.

Okay, I see. In my research (I am in Nevada) Pavasco does not allow independent notaries utilize their platform. You have to be referred by a Title Company (be assigned to a job for them) but you cannot simply use their platform to do RON’s for yourself. So this has been true for you, as you stated? Does your Secretary of State approve all of those platforms? In Nevada there are only a select few solutions providers we are allowed to use.

And no, apparently they do not certify independent notaries for RON at this time, despite being assured several times that they will. Neither does Docusign.

1 Like