Just Hit My First Milestone of Experience

Hi jpsolomon! Welcome! I consider the big three as Amrock, Serviclink, and Bancserv.

Thank you for responding. I’m relatively new I’m just trying to sign up with as many companies as I can. Sometimes I get frustrated because I will respond instantly to a text message of a New Signing and yet it’s already taken. I don’t know how someone else could’ve responded any faster. Is there some sort of hierarchy?

The short answer is “Yes”. However, I’m learning that it has many other factors as well. For instance, some people will just respond “Yes” to ALL text messages without reading when, where, or what and then once they get it, they will then try to negotiate their price. Sometimes, you will see this when it went out and it was gone already. Then, a few hours later or the next day, it showed up again. As for the “high v low” system, Snapdocs and others have a ‘preferred’ list based upon reviews they received from lenders, title companies, and SSs about your performance. The more good reviews, the higher you move up. The problem is that if you only have 3 or even 30 orders completed, versus someone who has thousands, then you can guess whose going to get selected.

Thank you so much. That makes perfect sense. I’m just gonna keep on going and enjoy the process

1 Like

I agree in part and disagree in small part. In general, I agree with the premise that I need to set a basement that is higher than what I stated. However, I disagree with the analogy of the doctors and lawyers for their fees. I have a law degree and prior to that I was a paralegal. I know (at least in my area) that the bar sets what is deemed as reasonable for where you are in your career. For instance, when I was a paralegal and L1 a newly licensed attorney in my area could only charge between $125-$175 per hour for their services. Anything beyond that would cause discipline to be imposed by the local bar BUT ONLY if a complaint was made about that attorney and their fees. Likewise, as a licensed private investigator we have associations who monitor our fees based upon experience. Moreover, as a PI I had the opportunity to investigate various doctors in my area and found that they too have a scale based on how long they’ve been licensed to practice and the various specialty areas. I remember coming across a doctor who was trying to avoid or delaying the repayment of his student loans so while taking a job as an ET doctor for $165k a year, decided to go to podiatry school, then to another school for a specialization in cardiology. He stated that he did this because $165k a year wasn’t enough to cover his bills. After a the specializations coupled with undergrad and medical school, his student loan payment was $3500k a month alone before car, mortgage, etc…. He started out wanting to receive a $250k salary but had to follow the “established” format before he could get there. I said all of that to come back to our industry delima what internal organization can we ALL agree on to set standards for for fees regardless if you’re in a rural area or highly populated city.”?

For clarity, my statement is that the other professions have an approved format through either an association, or other means to make pricing commensurate with experience. Here, we don’t seem to have that, with the exception of the natural order of us newbies taking low ball offers to get work.