Length of time with MC

I am with registered with MC amongst others for more than six months. I have not received any signing orders from MC. Is this normal behavior for MC? Should I have received signing orders from MC by now? Please advise.

Don’t know who MC is. Did you mean Notary Cafe? If so…it is incredibly slow and has been pretty much this whole year. As long as interest rates are high (& even if they drop a little bit) it’s still going to be slow for a long time. Lots of notaries out there and very few signings.

2 Likes

Mortgage Connect is MC.

2 Likes

Oh. Same answer. No business.

3 Likes

They have been slow lately, maybe give them a call

@aresia keep in mind…Georgia is an attorney-only state, which can also account for the lack of assignments. It has been said GA notaries can do signings for out-of-state properties but I have not seen any statutory citations that support that position.

All of my work with Mortgage Connect and their other subsidiaries have been refis in the last 2 years. While we all know that refis really haven’t picked up, I have done a few of them for the Mortgage Connect companies in the last couple of months.

1 Like

Like everyone has been saying–things are down across the board when it comes to “signing” services. Tbh sounds like it was a gold rush situation to begin with; people were just buying up the same databases of notaries and since there were a lot of jobs I guess it was enough to go around…

You seem like me, just got in the game, so we Gotta go old school and hit the foot to pavement; I’ve been seeing people on social media and that’s working the best. Getting your face directly in front of people at networking events etc.

MC has changed their model from offering $95 refinances across the board to only offering 1.5 hour trips for 200 page refi’s for $50. They massively changed their business model and when you do get notifications, they are absolutely trash offerings.

3 Likes

No - being a signing agent was a viable business opportunity for years - I started here in 2006 and had enough to keep me busy at fees of $125+ - and the notary signing agent was going strong before that. More was direct contact from title companies - and how did we get that? Footwork, so to speak - we contacted every one of them that we could find and got on their lists.

The downfall began when signing services got more and more prolific, and more and more notaries jumped on board - oversaturation of a market; add to that the kool aid served about making 6 figures in this business and the flood spread.

IMO, being a signing agent is no longer the viable option it once was for all those reasons. But there are other ways to make go of it but it takes marketing…constant marketing.

2 Likes

I looked up the signings I’ve done for them in 2023 and the lowest I was paid was $90 for a hybrid that took only 10 minutes. The others for the year were $95 - $120.
But yes, I see the $50 offers and decline them.

I’m jealous. I remember having months doing $1500 from just them and now the only offers I get are garbage.

@alishaquincygrpnxtgen :100:percent Accurate assessment/synopsis of this business sector, which mirrors my direct experience as well.

As I regularly state, “do your own due diligence” as a Business Owner. This would also include the adage: “if it sounds too good to be true . . .” with respect to the statement regarding those individuals marketing very high revenue streams/incomes in the current market who surely are cognizant that it’s no longer a valid claim.

Your point: Just starting and there seems to be a lot of scammer - #8 by alishaquincygrpnxtgen “lots of ppl advertising to become a notary without really letting you know what it’s like.”

Just another hawker selling the sizzle, but not the steak . . .

If someone is marketing to you & endeavoring to separate you from your money, it’s always best to consider all the possible reasons why as well as the validity of those claims - prior to giving away your gold.

:swan:

1 Like

… I was referring to the signing services, not being a signing agent.

MORTGAGE CONNECT USED TO BE A GOOD COMPANY, BUT THE PAST YEAR THEY HAVE LOWERED THERE FEES CONSIDERABLY. THEY ONLY PAY $70 for a full refinance with scans. Ive been with them for over 15 years and they used to pay between $85 and $100. Now i hesitate to take orders from them. I wish notaries would stop accepting orders from them and maybe they’ll raise there fees.

1 Like

Heh… from 2013 to 2018, when I stopped taking their stuff, fees ranged from $125 to $210.

2 Likes

It needs to be said. Don’t you just loved it when a rooky chimes in with hyper positivity telling the veterans how to operate their business?

My humble gratitude for the veterans of this business for their insights and guidance. Y’all have saved my hide more than once.

1 Like

Agreed, I was having the exact same thought of it even being worth it so much so that I’ve considered not renewing or maybe this upcoming 4 years being my last commission. I did HORRIBLY in 2023 the worst in my 11 yrs as a Full Time Notary . Noticed the slow down mid 2022 all the way to today, so I’ve had a part time job since July of 2022 because I saw it coming. Too many notaries now and notary gurus making it seem like a lucrative business to be in.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.