Mortgage connect RON

I totally agree with what you said that was the worst webinar they were not prepared they didn’t have any answers they lied and said that we could pick our own fee which was not true they couldn’t even answer simple questions very very disappointing not informative webinar at all clear sign has a much better presentation and much easier for the borrowers.mortgage connect has really gone downhill and I did ask to be taken off their Ron list $25 for anywhere from an hour to 2 hours for a closing because the borrower is unprepared is not worth our time

Was it a dent consolidation? If it is, you may want to avoid them

I used to do a lot of work for MC…before 2020. Now not so much. They paid between 120.-185. depending on what it was. They always wanted the critical documents faxed back. The packages were pretty large. Always printing two copies. Now they occasionally send out a notification for Helocs. Usually 20 miles away from my location. They always start low and work up to a somewhat better fee. They seem to have no one taking the assignment at the lower fees they start out with.

I decided I was not doing RON signings. If I wanted to sit at a desk all day I would not have retired and the fees were too low for me.
As far as Mortgage Connect and all other offers - I reject them or counter for my fee and if I get it great if not they lost a 13 year experienced signing agent. I sign up with new companies every week/month that I hear about from this platform or others. I get a great mix of signings with different companies.

That’s the way to go. Many happy closings!

I wouldn’t do RON for 10K a signing. With all of the hacking and stealing out there, I wouldn’t take that risk.

When will you guys every learn, RON is a joke. Don’t do it.

Simple solution: stop taking the assignment

Well the consensus that I am getting from everybody responding to this Ron issue is that everybody has a complaint so I think we should all band together and not take these unless they are $75 or more so hopefully all you newbies out there will listen to those of us who’ve been doing this for over 20 years Don’t take any Ron closings for under $75 why should we have the signing copy these profit from our time wasted.

I just saw this…were they serious? How can you notarize if you don’t see the borrowers sign some of the documents (specifically those requiring a jurat). No way would I put my commission out there for this type of practice.

JMO

1 Like

Maybe the notary watches the signer sign everything, interrupting when necessary to ask questions such as “Do you swear you are acquainted with the contents of this document and it is true to the best of your knowledge and belief?” or “Are you signing as the president of Acme Anvil Corporation?” But to me it would be more natural to deal with it one document at a time.

On the other hand, this is one way to solve the problem of what if the signer signs most of the documents but not one of the last ones? If the documents are part of a set that work together, but some are signed & notarized but at least one isn’t, what happens to the signed ones? Are they cancelled? If they’re done as a set, there is assurance that none of the documents will be valid so the signer doesn’t have to worry about the signed ones being misused.

See that’s exactly what I’m saying that mortgage connect Ron is giving the notaries wrong advice I’m glad you picked up on that this company does not understand how they work and how we need to be paid for the services that we provide for them to be paid as much as they get. On the webinar I painfully watched for an hour they kept giving wrong advice to the newbies and I was screaming at them on my computer…

I tried to negotiate with them too but they told me that if I accepted the order I had no choice but to take what was on the order. So they email you and tell you about the order and then you say yes and then you don’t know what the fee is until after that so how can you negotiate with them mortgage connect is not a user friendly company for the notaries that’s all I can say but I will not work with them again it’s not worth my time money or effort

Sounds like Mortgage Connect has inserted itslef as another middle-man between the online RON co. and the RON notary. Apparently, there is no end to the number of middlemen who can pile on top of the bottom of the totem pole/aka the Notary.

3 Likes

At this point in time, I have no plans to ever do RON. If at any time in the future it seems to make sense to do it, I may change my mind. From what I’m hearing about it though, notaries are underpaid even more than they are now with conventional signings.

1 Like

Proof (formerly Notarize) now has a quick sign fixture if you click accept, it will apply all of your signatures that are tagged.

Crazy, isn’t it?

Curious what state are you in? I’m in WA State. TRID laws DO NOT apply to all mortgages and other real estate transactions. Legislation to me is a joke until it is actually passed. So much legislation ends up NOT being passed. When my children were in high school took them to the State Capitol Olympia where they could see legislation in progress ~ so much yadda yadda and no action. At my old age have learned to see what time brings. Have a good day!

Hi carold ~ I get really angry when people say “you have no choice”. That is so BS. Everyone has a choice. If you accept an order and not as presented you can turn it down. I worked for 15 years in contract and risk management before I retired and the one major thing I learned is agreements can be broken and many attorneys know this. Do not let some one intimidate you by saying “you have no choice”. My response will be always “watch me make my choice”. Sounds like you lived and learned but wanted to share my thoughts. Have a good day!

1 Like