New residential sales fall in April as home prices, mortgage rates continue to climb

Biden hired 10,000 new IRS associates. I am expecting them calling people and demonstrating their knowledge.
A big part of you here looks like have this notary activity as a full time business. Right? How you survive times like this ? I really wonder how?

Those 10K new hires are supposed to assigned to reduce the back log of nearly 20 Million returns. Overall the IRS is asking for funding to hire 80,000 total FTEs to fill in the ranks that attritioned out. It took me 7 hours bouncing from various departments trying to find the right one that could resolve a simple, yet rare issue for one of my clients.

The IRS Director US Treasury has asked for further funding needed to update computer systems. Some of their systems are approaching 15+ years old. Their telephone system also needs to be updated.

As Real Estate activity has slowed I’ve move my NSA/GNW/Advanced Notary Services as a value add to my Tax Preparation business. My Tax Preparation business is how I’m surviving.

2 Likes

On a side note, this is why we shouldn’t get “excited” when job numbers are published. They never tell us how much of those jobs were filled by the government themselves. The IRS is just one example. Look at all the money that went out to fund government programs and projects in the last couple of years. That comes with massive government hiring as well.

1 Like

Yep - I recall back in 2010 when they did the decennial the employment numbers went up because the Census was hiring part-time enumerators; when the count was over the numbers plummeted.

Didn’t see it this time around so much because of Covid - the census was cut short and they suspended hiring because of covid.