NNA Signing agent class

Does anyone have any advice or experience with the NNA signing agent class?

I want to become a signing agent and want to know if the NNA is the way to go and what package to go with:

Complete
Full Certification + Save 20% on Supplies ## Basic NSA Certification

Basic
Full Certification ## NSA Background Screening Only

or
Background check only
Just the Minimum

Thank you for any advice and help
James

If it’s your first time I would do full certification but know that even if you have passed all their exams you cannot be their certified NSA unless you passed the background check too. I have known people who wasted their money taking the courses because they didn’t pass the background:(

1 Like

@jamesflemingnotary Great question. Truly, the answer is: “Well, that depends.”

What is your background?
Do you have experience in Real Estate?
Do you have experience in Mortgage Lending?
Do you have experience in Banking?

Etc. ad nauseam . . . => just know that you’re launching a business and the onus is upon you to create the best foundation possible from the onset. See this thread for additional information:

Most newbies find they’re ill-prepared if they’ve only successfully completed the NNA certification as a certified notary signing agent [CNSA]. See my notes about this topic within the following thread:

======

My personal experience:
When I initially started performing this work, I successfully completed MULTIPLE training/certification programs including Notary2Pro & NNA and many others. I have extensive experience in skill sets that require certification and recurrent evaluation tests; i.e., I’ve maintained my Project Management Professional [PMP] certification for more than 20 years. So, I understand what it usually entails and the elements that should be included within a comprehensive training program.

Regarding the NNA training specifically, it’s lacking across multiple topics & categories. Many NNA “graduates” choose to take additional training courses elsewhere, because they sense they’re insufficiently prepared. Their primer has errors throughout. Their hotline is less than reliable for accurate responses.

In my experience with undergoing the multiple training programs for certified notary signing agent [CNSA] certification, hands-down without question, Carol Ray’s Notary2Pro training programs are optimum in this industry. I’ve successfully completed ALL of the multiple training/certification programs that Carol offers through her company Notary2Pro. Her programs are thorough & detailed. These also prepare the business owner to operate a business. In addition, she offers Mentoring services. I found those to be excellent & INVALUABLE when I was initially starting out in this business sector. The prices are surprisingly reasonable. :white_check_mark:

I’ve professionally compared the training/certification programs available at Notary2Pro with the others I’ve successfully completed. The ONLY training/certification program I recommend is Notary2Pro.

A list of companies that hire Notary2Pro graduates (with minimal or no experience) is provided to successful course graduates. => This list is pure GOLD! Study up, refresh your notes, & let Carol know when your initial few signings are scheduled. She is a wonderful mentor & can be on standby in case you encounter difficulties or have questions during your first few signings. She’s the Best! Her support will help you Build your Confidence in providing this service. :trophy::white_check_mark:

In addition, Notary2Pro works diligently to keep this list up-to-date regarding vetting and viability. As we all know, some reliable clients can encounter financial difficulties and that, in turn, can negatively impact CNSAs directly.

Of course, your best bet would be to visit their website at https://www.notary2pro.com/ , research, and make the choices appropriate for your situation. The training programs by Carol Ray are comprehensive & thorough. :sparkles::tada::sunglasses:

P.S. I receive no compensation or remuneration of any type or kind as a result of my first-hand experiential review above.

1 Like

I have been a Notary Public Since 1998 but not a Signing Agent till DEcember 2021. I woudl recommend the Basic Subscription and then sign up with as many companies as possible. I went through the entire list of agencies and signed up to all legtimate companies after I researched each one. I also have been a Retail and Commercial Loan officer at big bank fr 24 years and have notarized many different loan documents.

2 Likes

Hi there, based on your previous experiences, you are in good shape. Just don’t price yourself way too low on fees:) Respect your profession.

1 Like

Hi!
I took the Basic certification and felt more than confident when I did my very first signing. It will include your background screening as well. I found my supplies on my own for much less money. Good luck.

2 Likes