Non payers beware

I would never solicit a tip but if someone insists on giving you one, I don’t see anything wrong with accepting it. Call it unprofessional or whatever you want to call it, but the amount that we’re being paid for these jobs isn’t “professional” either.

4 Likes

Well said. I have been offered tips many times, I usually do not accept them as it really is not the signers’ fault that these TC take advantage of our services and make all kinds of demands without paying accordingly. That said; I’m not opposed to accepting a tip.

1 Like

My personal opinion: In this industry I think tips are disrespectful. We represent the state
office of the great seal. I’ve never seen anyone tip a lawyer or a police officer. It’s not the same thing as a profession where tips are normal\expected. Just my opinion :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know if I would consider a tip disrespectful. I did a GN the other day and told my client the fee was only $10.00 he was literally a 3 min walk from my home and I told him that too. He said that it was absolutely ridiculous that I only charge $10 for my time and insisted on the $30 tip and he was not taking no for an answer… so I took it. :rofl:

2 Likes

We are not even remotely on the same professional level as a police officer or an attorney. And I feel comfortable in saying this as a former police detective for one of the largest police departments in the country. That is why we can not carry a gun into a closing or provide advice like an attorney. It is nothing wrong with accepting a tip, in my opinion.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your response and sorry for the delay. Just a follow up, I did speak with the escrow officer and the client stated he paid me for the closing. Once I told her the amount he gave me, she then told me that this client is known for trying to cut corners and that he did not tell her that amount. She apologized and is in process of sending me my money.

1 Like

Thank you for your advise. I did send the collection letter and that’s when the escrow agent called.

Unfortunately, the closing did not have an Alta or cd attach to it which I thought was weird.

Sadly there was no hud or cd in both packages

That’s why I don’t take tips. If something goes wrong that’s the first thing that’s going to come up.