Notary Woes

I’m in PA. I would much prefer a garage signing than going indoors. Try requesting that during the winter months. It doesn’t go over well. I do review Covid procedures. All signatories must wear mask as I will as well. But there are times company is present in another room, unmasked. Very frustrating as my health, too, is at risk. I’ve had just a few refuse to wear a mask when I mention this in my confirmation call. I just turn it back. No worth it.

I’m not a fan of those public places because of the noise that you can’t avoid… besides public places like Starbucks are very restricted in New Jersey, only pick up.
I believe that is up to the signing party to arrange with signer for an area with chairs and table, and lighted area. I’ve been at places where I have had to ask signers for “more light please” LOL

2 Likes

Who you talking to? (Tony Montana’s voice) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m here in Nevada and the same thing people act as though I got the plague but I totally understand why but it’s something to get used to and it’s still cold here so doing them in the garage or backyard has been am experience to remember I literally carry two jackets in my car at a times and I truly hate the mask thing especially with all the talking and my glasses getting fogged up but better safe than sorry!!! #covid go away come back another day!!!

LOL you dont know my business plan. There are a lot of notaries out here in my area. I stay at 90 to stay competitive. If the package is close to 150 pages I go up to 105. And even larger 120. I dont go more than 40mins away or 30 miles. It is a method to it. Shame on you for shading me for Running MY BUSINESS.

3 Likes

Hugo, please ease off.

Experienced signing agents have our reputations and client contacts to support our fees. New NSAs are stuck with the greedy bottom feeders while they try to build their own.

This is a safe place for peer interaction. The new folks posting here are trying to learn how to do their best - they are showing that they care enough to try.

Set an example as a polite professional.

6 Likes

Literally and figuratively, mind your own business, Hugo.

2 Likes

Practice what you preach…

Public forum. :wink:

2 Likes