Pets At the Signing Table

Yea, I have had a smoker to continue to smoke before while I was there and I just held my breath as most as I could. And I of course brought the smoke smell with me to my car next Client (im sure) unfortunately.

I don’t like it either when Signers give my pens to Babies! I always have to intervene and say something so they will take the pen back.

Had that same exact thing happen to me. How about the one that have seven I did say seven large dog all around.

1 Like

I’m a notary public in Southern California, where smoking is very uncommon and frowned upon. One of the worst signings I ever had was with an elderly woman who wanted a Reverse Mortgage. She was in a tiny bedroom with no ventilation, and she had an oxygen tank next to her. As soon as I turned off the oxygen, she lit a cigarette and started smoking. I politely asked her to stop, but she ignored me. She smoked three cigarettes in a row, using the previous one to light the next one. The smoke was unbearable and it got into my clothes and the documents. I had to rush out of there as soon as we finished, and I had to change my clothes and take a shower before going to my next appointment. It was a horrible experience that taught me to be more careful about who I work with.

1 Like

1 to 2 hours time? Speed it up, fella. Most of mine are completed in 45 minutes max.

How did you handle that? Or were you comfortable with all of them being around you?

Prayer. Now I asked if they don’t mind can we just step outside this will only take a few minutes, I have a table and folding chairs or if its only a few pages I always have a clipboard we can use.

1 Like

It’s great to have a back up with the table and chairs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.