Remote Online Notarization (RON} in Florida

A progress report on my experiences with Remote Online Notary. 1) At this point I am on DocVerify and SimplySecureSign. FIrst DocVerify: DocVerify is strictly a platform that allows you to do a number of different online services. It allows for both Online Notary and Remote Online Notary. Being a platform. You are required to make all documents ready for signing. There are a couple of major issues here. First, if you thought you were simply getting a document and filling in a signing; forget it. When doing a signing on DocVerify you should take in the document at least 24 to 48 hours before the actual time of signing. This is due to the need to prepare the document for the signing procedure and then leave enough time to have the signers verify their identities before the actual signing. There is a whole process to learn and follow. There is little person to person support but the online support is extensive. Simply put, you need to know what you are doing. Finally, when doing a notarization you are required to pay (and charge client for) signing and verifications. They have a price list for these bitcoins that you should check first. I am not sure I will continue to use this if the simplysecure is easier to use even though I can make more on DocVerify.
Second experience: I have recently signed up with simplysecuresign.com. This too is a platform but they will prepare the document for signing and your relationship with them is similar to the current Independent contractor relationship. They provide you with a training session which you can take a number of times. They apparently operate in the same way as most of the mobile companies.I have not done any signings with them yet but will report later. They prepare the documents for the signing process.

1 Like

Thank you Lewis - I think this is the first, most extensive, explanation of this process we’ve heard yet.

Firms up my resolve that I’m not going to do them - just not worth the grief for me. Sounds to me that loan signings in this process will be extensive and way way too involved - tell me, what company gets you the docs 24-48 hours in advance? None of them - lucky to get docs 2 hours ahead of time.

Good luck with this - you have my best of wishes - and my condolences! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

The signer does not have to be in the United States or its territories. The notary MUST be physically located in Florida at the time of signing and notarizing. The signer(s) MUST be US citizens or Permanent Residents; also known as “Green card holders”. They may not be foreign nationals. They will need apostilles which cannot be done online. They are issued by governments.

1 Like

I would like to keep in touch with you, please keep us posted I just finish all the requirement of the RON but have no clue how to start!

You are correct. Too easy and did not cover what you will need to know. I pd for bump notary ins, took course/test; passed but stalled as it is too much for an individual to pay for Ron platform- especially if you’re limited on fees. Why doesn’t FL come up with reasonable fees for individual Ron notaries. Court reporters do not need it due to emergency order but sure they would if reasonable. Limiting fees? Free trade, I say.
No flaming, nothing but good discussion please :mask:

Standard traditional notarizations are $10/notarization; RON notarizations are $25/notarization. Sadly, although this sounds like a nice fee, unless you’re sitting at your computer doing them back to back to back all day, the expenditures for it just don’t pay off. And if you get a RON assignment through a service, you only get a portion of that $25 yet you’re still out the cost of the platform.

I won’t do them. No thanks.