Scam/Fraud Phone Call Alert

Hi All I wanted to share this voicemail I just received that is clearly a fraud. Imagine the “third largest title company” calling me personally a new loan signing agent to join their “panel”… I wish as I wait for my first signing.

I want to share the phone number on the caller ID This number also appeared also FTC website because someone complained about some other scam. Here is the Voicemail text

Blockquote
I am Alan with Old Republic Title. I was calling to see if you had any interest in joining our Notary panel ah we are the third largest title company in the U.S. and we are currently working with a lender that is giving us a lot of refi signings in the Miami-Dade area and we came across your contact information on the NNA website and wanted to know if you wanted in on this. If you would like you can call me back or even send me a text message to thank you so much take care."
Blockquote

no last name, no email address, no website, that is not Old Republic’s number on their website

Don’t they think people would check this information first?

Hmm… How did you get signings? Not this way right? I tend to think everything is a scam, just seems to good to be true.

Thank you for responses. Much appreciated. I’ll do the same and call them and let them know.

1 Like

@donaldsonnp FYI: Often, it’s contingent upon background, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that a certified notary signing agent has already amassed (i.e., as in your case) that will open doors, which won’t budge a nanometer for other “newbies.”

There are many variables to factor into the “Success” equation including those mentioned above, plus region, saturation, attorney-only states, etc.

======

This is more the norm: Service Link Fees - #29 by palinotary90272

======

NOTE: Many title/escrow companies [T/ECs] understandably require that an individual new to this industry ‘be trained’ with signing services [SSs] for 1-2 years before trusting a newbie with their clients (as errors can be quite costly). :angel: