Seriously?

agreed. I just don’t care anymore. The upfront companies seem to call you, or me direct. The sloppy happy ones use snapdocs.

1 Like

I, personally, love your response and agree with you. Maybe I’m wrong too. But our time as an NSA is just as valuable as theirs. We have appointments to keep and a schedule to stay on top of. I feel it is their responsibility to get the documents to us in a timely matter. It’s so unfair when you don’t get docs on time, and you make attempts to reach out to the lender. Then they tell you they have to cancel or reschedule. After you have allotted the time for that particular signing.

3 Likes

Hi mszee,

First, congrats on 600+ closings! Think about all the people you’ve met, situations you’ve encountered, professional relationships you’ve formed, and contacts you’ve made! I just reached 4,000 lifetime closings myself, and it’s amazing to think about my first closing. I was so nervous trying to remember all of the rules and regulations, and I tried to act confident but I had a feeling the signers knew I was a newbie, ha.
Now this might not be what you wanted to hear, but it has to be said. I think this situation could’ve been handled way better than it was. The title company could’ve been better at communicating, but remember that communication is a 2-way street. You operate a business, whether it’s a sole proprietorship or a corporation; you sell a service. When a title company requests your services, they assume you are worth your salt when they see over 600 closings under your belt. One thing I would personally expect from someone with those credentials is professionalism, and that includes excellent communication.
One sentence in your first paragraph made me look twice and re-read:

Signing Agents are not hourly employees, thank God. When we make a commitment to provide our services and put our name and seal on documents that represent hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars, we should ensure that all clients receive the same professionalism from beginning to end; whether you charged them $50 or $250.
I had the exact same situation happen to me today. Around noon, I sent a quick email over to Title from my phone asking about the status of docs for my 6 PM. They reached out to the lender and the lender was still working on them. I responded, “OK thank you for the update! Could you ask them if they can have docs ready by 4:30PM CST? I have another closing shortly after”. The lender didn’t have them in time, so my next option was to call my 7:30 and ask if they would be willing to push back by an hour at most, or if they absolutely had to sign at 7:30 (most times, an evening signer won’t mind just as long as you don’t push it too far). They said, “No worries! We’ll be here the rest of the night”. That gave me an extra hour of breathing room, my client was happy, and my 7:30 was only delayed to 08:00 PM (and they were very nice about it).
If anything, proper communication has not only secured my relationships with clients, but it has made them come back time after time because they feel comfortable knowing that I will either get this done or give them plenty of time to find another notary if I can’t accommodate.

Best wishes!

5 Likes

Sorry guys again just needed to vent. They reached out to me the very next day for another closing. I guess it’s just another day in the life of an NSA.

@JBOCANEGRA The title companies I work with strictly state not to bog them down with “Where are docs?” they will send them when received. I only deal directly with Title companies. While I could have been nice and bugged them, I chose not to as it is my choice. I don’t do this full-time and I completed that number of closings in a little over 8 months. As I know I will have awhile before I get to the 4k mark and congrats on your milestone. As I also stated in my post I would have been more than willing to restructure my schedule had they made me aware it would be a delay, as this is something I do to accommodate the borrowers, not the title company. The borrowers have no idea the madness that goes on behind the scene. I do appreciate your opinion.

@WeOCnotary-Rcho_Mission_Viejo I charged them $250.

@jengarcia1982 lol…no it was not. I have never worked with them.

@jnewberry It would have been very hard to respond while I was in a closing. I don’t use my phone while in closings unless I am using it for the current closing.

1 Like

I am proud and impressed with you. I am just learning to not let one title company hijack my entire day. Most of the girls at title, and notary services included, are completely unapologetic.

You go girl! I love how you stuck to your guns. Their actions and response were completely unacceptable.

I totally understand your frustration. I have had to wait for late doc’s on occasion. I typically allow myself extra time between assignments. Also as a professional courtesy I typically send an email earlier in the day saying hey I still haven’t received the doc’s and will need them by this time in order to get to the assignments at scheduled time. Just my 2 cents.

I feel your pain. This late docs has happened more and more and add to the list, the requirement for a second witness when the deed is being amended (Florida). So far I’ve been able to cover the witness with my wife or my son, but this is a legal requirement that I have found once I received the late documents.

Yes, Indeed. We do the same thing. Sometimes, Sheeba is the Notary and I’m the witness.

The past 2 months have been scheduling nightmare for me with a certain company. They cancelled 5 of my closings on the day of closings and I do not receive a call I get a cancellation email. So I did not get docs so I did not print but my time was lost to accept other signings. The past 2 weeks I received 2 cancellations stating it was given back to the original agent. Really? What is that? I called and politely stated that that was very unprofessional. I feel my time never gets compensated.