*Sigh* Do All SS work this way?

Thank you for this tip! I’ve been thinking about purchasing the pro as well. I really want to start.

1 Like

You are welcome. The annual saves money and makes sense. I did not have any expectations of return for doing that. I was pleasantly surprised. I will not name the signing services, but it was like a breath of fresh air. One calls first then sends the order. I love that. So, in terms of return for the money, Pro membership here is a definite, yes.

PS: I don’t know if you have set up a second business number, but if you have not–always answer your phone professionally, especially if you don’t recognize the number:-) So, if you block unknown numbers, well you’re blocking potential business.

2 Likes

All about supply, demand and lowest fee. I have had my business for 5+ years and actually mentored other Notaries in my area to become NSA because I couldn’t possibly do all the available signings. The people I mentored moved or quit the business and I’m still here. Have worked during COVID from the beginning and will only work for my set fees because I know my profit/loss margins. Notaries in my area go up and down as far as availability here in KItsap County WA. Will not work for lowball fees. Notary Contractors need to increase their fees to Title, etc. if they are losing money should not expect NSA to take a lessor fee especially during this health crisis and fuel costs increase time.

4 Likes

Yes it seems to be this way. Another frustrating situation is when you can’t except a few of the offers for a few days and the texts slow or stop. There seems to be an algorithm to this on top of SS making notaries preferred which takes times.

With all that said, there are SS that will call you, text you or email directly so it’s just you for that assignment. If you do a great job for them they will keep on directly contacting you! The fees are much better too.

2 Likes

I see! that’s what I was wondering about. I’m over the text blasts. I haven’t been able to snag one yet. I hope I start receiving calls soon. So far its going on 3 weeks and nothing.

It’s truly contingent upon the saturation of your service region.

Some who started into this business many years ago waited 9-12 months before they were able to receive their initial signing order.

Also, this business sector is like most new businesses, you need to have cash flow for the first few years while you’re building your clientele. It’s not a sprint! It’s a marathon. Certainly, there are areas of the USA that provide an exception to the rule, but it’s not the norm . . .

You may find it may be helpful to review the following thread for additional info: :sparkles::blush::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Semi-related question - I had a company tell me that they would place me on a preferred list. I’m not sure if that means they’ll contact me first, more, or offer higher rates from each initial contact on new signings. Does anyone have any experience with this?

It has been my experience that there are tiers to preferred. It may mean you will get first right of refusal on a signing in your area and that will usually mean a phone call to you. It can also mean you will get a text or email about a signing in your area which will remain open for your response for 10-30 minutes before they go down the preferred list or send out a blast offer to all notaries in the area.

1 Like

I’m in Florida and a newbie as well and I’m having the same problem! I have invested so much money and no signings! I also signed up with several companies have gotten some notifications and accepted the job but don’t get contacted back so you are not alone!

1 Like

I second this! I signed up here as pro. $5 a month and received a hit with a successful well paid singing in just 4 days. Notary cafe pro works!

Yes they do. Happens to me all the time plus the closing exchange has been low balling! A lot of signing services are like that now you gotta be quick.

1 Like

It’s literally impossible. No matter how fast I accept, it says no longer available. It’s rigged lol. I really don’t get the point in them sending out blasts if they have a list of preferred that accept first. What would be the point of it going out any further?

2 Likes

Same. I don’t think there are any more useful companies to sign up with. I only get notifications from Signature Closers and the Closing Exchange. I accept from both but it always says I wasn’t fast enough. So far I have not been contacted by any of the other popular signing services. And Notary Go isn’t letting anyone new sign up because their website has been down for over a month. They have no clue when it’ll be fixed. So if you’re not already signed up with them, that’s a bust too.

aka: The problem with platforms and algorithms. It really is idiotic to waste so many people’s time while looking for cheap.

3 Likes

Yeah they also changed their payment policy. They use to pay twice a month now they pay a month since the signing date. A lot of things with them lately has been off. I don’t get many assignments from them either.

1 Like

Notarygo.com sign up is working. You should try to sign up again. Their website works now.

There’s a thread on this forum about Notary Go. You should look it up. Seems like a company to stay far away from.

Keep signing up for services and check out your local title and escrow companies. Stay encouraged

Once your are preferred it’s much easier to accept signings! That is the goal of notaries to become preferred.

Also send them an email to let them know you have availability. I send this once or twice a week. I set up a contact group.

1 Like