Signing companies ? Let talk about them

Is anyone signed up with "The Closing Exchange (CXChoice.com)? The keep sending me offers for Refi for $65 and $70. They are terrible. I am new but I refuse to take those low ball offers.

6 Likes

Hi Tiffanythorn, I enjoyed reading your post. Very informative. I have a question concerning your post. Do you recommend adding that I charge X for any pages above a certain amount on each signing company bio? Or just bring it up once I receive the job?

NOPE … FOR $5.00 THEY GIVE it TO SOMEBODY ELSE
LOL
SO PAY ME OR REASSIGN IT

2 Likes

i asked in the answer of text not available selection or fee too low section has a counter or message space u can write in

1 Like

they …like to try to play dumb when they call
i ask them how many pages?
re fi up to 125pages close to me $90-115
up to 175 pgs $125-150.
200pages + $150-250depends on distance and scan backs
what town so i know how far im driving
scan backs?
yes extra 25$
if they can’t answer me i tell them to check
I also tell them that if package is larger then expected I will add to my fee
and I do.
yes they reassign and most pay me
but I have experience
do not sell yourself short a re fi w 250 pages is MIN$150 its going to take you 60 minutes at the table
figure to make "x"amt per hour
whatever covers your expenses and a profit
if you dont get that fee //pass on the job

2 Likes

you got the $150. fee??
good for you
now u know
i have a few companies who send me jobs with fees lower then usual
after I’m assigned and sent the package i call in and get more or tell them sorry have a nice day you weren’t honest with me
amazingly , they have much more information upfront now and i do work for them at my fees …or i decline

2 Likes

agree 150%
i get my fill same way
or i pass
be honest with me
I’ll be honest with you
my work is all errorless
as well
i ask alot of questions to be sure i know what they want
i like dealing with loan officers or escrow directly they know the package and give answers in seconds rather then play telephone
I get the job done right everybody is happy

1 Like

If I get one of these, and if it is closer than 10 miles round trip I take them, because if I counter, there is a seasoned Notary with a lot of experience lurking in who’s is going to take it because the market in this area is down and he’s have a family to feed.

ummm Yes but I say counter because they usually have large package signings …

Yep… I told them it was a no go for me, so they accepted my fee.

A couple of years ago I got a lot of work an was well paid by The Closing Exchange, but in the last year I have done very little.

I get four or five officers daily but their offers are priced so low, even if close to my office, I don’t take them. Even when I want to accept and click “Accept” nothing happens. They send texts and the same thing happens. I inquired and either get a response there are problems with their website or text or the signing has already been taken.

I always have been paid on time though. Enjoyed working with them, jus wish offers would be higher and easier to accept.l

1 Like

I do not think that the emancipation proclamation, the suffrage movement, child labor reform, or the negotiations that caused some of the largest employers in the world to change the way they paid and treated their employees, was accomplished by complaining or whining. I also really do not like the comparison to slavery Or the suffrage movement to asking fircac$10 increase for a signing. Complaining does nothing. All complaining means is to Express Dissatisfaction. I really don’t think that there was an awful lot of complaining done by slaves as the consequences of somebody overhearing them was dire. If you price your services at $125 for under 200 pages then respond that, be specific. This way you won’t even get the order or they will counter for you if the package is 201 pages.

Successful negotiating Is preparation, discussion, clarification of goals, working towards a win-win outcome, agreement, and implementation of a course of action. None of those steps involve expressing your grief, pain, or discontent (definition of complaining).

There really is not enough time to implement the steps of negotiation for a single signing from a signing service and I will agree with Joelmills, that trying to get more money after accepting the signing because of a large package may end up hurting you more than the extra $25 benefits you. When I have come up against this problem I simply put it to the hiring entity that I made a reasonable assumption that a refinance would be under 200 pages and that is what I based my acceptance of the fee on. I also let them know that because I understand that it may be difficult to change my fee “now, as the paperwork may need to be updated, that I can go ahead and do the signing at the agreed upon rate if they are unable
To compensate me for the lathe package.

3 Likes

I’ve seen Signing Company’s and Title Company’s talking about “Experienced” agents making lots of mistakes and the problem is they are so relaxed and set in their ways, they do whatever. So it’s not just newbies or inexperienced people making mistakes. I’ve heard of a signing company who pays for our mistakes literally to keep clients. There are LOTS of mistakes being made and surprisingly the same notaries still get hired. I am so shocked by all of this lol. Experience is not reducing errors, but whatever. I can only do my best to keep my errors down.

1 Like

If the hiring company has to start all over and find someone else, they probably don’t call that a “win”.

I’m having a hard time understanding what your trying to say here, can you simplify it a little more please.

1 Like

The mods here are literally shadow deleting posts for no reason.

The long and short of it is that nothing you said is correct and all of the situations you mentioned began with people expressing dissatisfaction whether you like it or not. It’s absurd to think that asking for a higher fee “hurts” you.

@noblenotary615, a previous post of yours was deleted due to insulting language. Our goal is to foster cooperation, not personal attacks. I am sorry if you do not agree with this decision, but insulting someone’s reading comprehension does not promote camaraderie, it is inflammatory.

Mike @ Notary Cafe

5 Likes

Topic is closed by the moderators.

1 Like