Stacking order question

I wondered the same thing about binder clips. I don’t usually ship them with the package. But I probably have occasionally.

Some packages come as multiple smaller PDFs instead of one big PDF. I put staples around those different packages to keep them separated. And I probably have shipped those packages with the staples still in place.

I probably do staple checks to the top page quite often to prevent it from getting lost. But I have the stapler set so the prongs swing outward making the staple easy to remove with your fingers. Is that a big deal??

Those instructions are meant for the notary! I received an email stating I didn’t put the document in the order they requested and I left the wiring instructions out. Someone from title was suggesting if it happened again my fee should be reduced. Closing USA always request a certain order to stack the docs. I had yet to delete the documents from my computer and the wiring instructions were never in the package. I always restock the docs for them before I have the signers to sign.

When I first started my loan signing service the lenders were sending both sets of documents to the signers and then hired me to notarize the legals. I soon found it was commonplace to arrive and find all the documents were mixed together, sometimes even the copies were mixed up too. It must have been hell for the processors.

It wasn’t long before I was receiving full document packages FAXED to me with instructions on how to cut off the fax info. Those were direct $250 signings. Fast forward to 2023. I use a dual tray printer and I do not change the order the package is sent. If you mess up the page order you’re in trouble wasting time trying to arrange them back in the order received.

Hello Mr. Ewing, I have a really nice, dual tray, color laser printer (Brother HL-L8360CDWT). I have yet to figure out how to just open a package and print it and have it come out correctly as regards the letter and legal sizes. I always end up going through the package and manually copying the page numbers to a text file based on the page size. I then use that text file to print the letter pages followed by the legal pages. A little extra work and I don’t really mind. But, sometimes I’m in a hurry due to last minute or late docs, etc. It would be nice to just print the docs and have them come out on the correct sized paper.

Any tips you can share?

Thanks for asking. I have no experience with a color printer. B/W Lazer is the go to printer in this business. But never try to print the attachment without downloading it first. Once downloaded you can right-click on the .pdf and choose how to open it. Adobe Acrobat DC works best for my docs. Also let adobe choose the sizes.

For my black and white Brother printer, I have to go to the actual printer, and set one tray as letter, and one tray as legal. After that, adobe sends it to the correct tray every time. For instructions, use google search “how to assign paper size” with your printer model.

You need to save the file to your computer and then make sure to open it with Adobe Acrobat. I have had issues if I try print without downloading and saving to the computer first. Plus, I have tried other pdf software besides Adobe and they don’t work properly. I have both a Xerox VersaLink B405 and a Brother HL-L6200DW and both work wonderfully and pull the right size paper regular or legal.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I always save the PDF first. And I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro (64-bit). I’ll play around with it some more.

@kromedome42303 After testing out a few different suggestions, if you discover that the Brother laser printer continues to NOT auto-select the correct paper PDF size, reach out to the Brother technical support phone number.

When you go to their website, you’ll need to complete specific fields including printer type, model, serial number, etc. This will produce the most accurate technical support phone number for you to call.

Brother provides EXCELLENT walk-through instructions for accurately configuring your professional printer to serve you in the optimum manner.

:swan:

IN MY OPINION…TC’S are asking notaries to do more of their work for less pay. I just send them back they way I get them.

2 Likes

Staples are a pain even if you make them easy to get out because of the time it takes for someone who likely isn’t doing any review…just scanning them. Again, working at a large mortgage provider, the physical packages went to a single location for them to be scanned with multiple sites who handled review and finalizing the loan. And the binder clips are wasted. Once the docs are in the shipping package, they’re not going to move around very much. At most, I’ll use a paper clip if I need to send a check because…checks can be left in the shipping envelope and that can be a headache all the way around.

As a closer, the one attorney I worked for stapled EVERYthing. Drove me nuts! Mainly because if I missed one, it would cause me issues trying to scan. And as a closer…I just didn’t have time for that. LOL

1 Like

I had a similar issue with my recently purchased Brother HL-6200DW. It turns out it’s mostly an Adobe issue but not something Brother is able to fix as it’s definitely on the Adobe side. My husband fixed it but he doesn’t remember exactly where he found it, but there is a patch somewhere that will fix the problem. Try googling Adobe patch for paper size for Brother printer, maybe?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.