Starting to hate doing this work

That’s too low when you get like 15 signings in a month at most?? I guess I didn’t mention that part.

1 Like

I’m not looking to get rich, I just want to do good work and be able to live, it’s that simple. Lol

3 Likes

I feel you dude. It is frustrating I just aim at paying my bills and living. I try to get anywhere between 2.5k-5k a month but lower offers equals lower profit.

3 Likes

You’ve only been at this for a year. This tells me you jumped in as the industry started to decline. Once you cross the 500 signings mark you’ll find that many of our comments are accurate. Job flexibility is no reason to take low ball assignments to gain experience. Most signings take more than an hour to complete if you take into consideration the total time to process, print, travel (round trip) post process (proof read), and ship. Certainly the time in front of the client may be an hour, but ignoring the tertiary activities that surround the signing you’re putting in more than one hour. This vital consideration is something many newbies fail to take into consideration.

10 Likes

I hope you’re not forgetting that not every market is the same. Your $26,000 equates to about 40-43 assignments per month. Some NSAs, due to notary saturation, are only getting about 10-12 assignments per month. Claiming your success is available for every one is what the 6-figure gurus have been preaching. Many of our colanguages are now discovering the fallacy of this sales pitch.

Good Luck

10 Likes

If the newbies are taking $50 assignments, the expectations are that every notary will do the same. It’s a matter of supply/demand/pricing.

4 Likes

Gas in Central Texas is running about $2.80 / Gallon. This is up from about $2.00 / Gallon about 8 months ago. My region covers about 2000 square miles. As signing fees have declined and fuel has gone up, I’ve had to reduce my travel distances to match the reduced fees in order to stay profitable.

4 Likes

It’s not just the newbies. The experienced SAs are experiencing similar fees. Unfortunately, unlike private sector employment, your experience doing this has no bearing on how much you charge. As long as there’s someone willing to take a low ball job, we’re all stuck doing the same thing.

4 Likes

Yes weirdo energy indeed.

1 Like

Exactly! It takes about 2 hrs for one pacakagr when you consider pre and post closing work!

2 Likes

Travel TIME is a big factor, too. As is add’l time/labor/travel for scanbacks.

3 Likes

Very ironic indeed! Good luck with your new career!

2 Likes

2,000 SM is a lot of territory. My fee chart is by zip code to charge fair price and be profitable. My travel distance is 5 to 25 miles one way. Over 25 miles fees increase accordingly. Current fuel price here is $3.83/gal and supposed to increase. Have had my business 5+ years and learned quickly to work smarter and not harder. Notaries that work from dawn to dark and chase those $75 and $100 fees knock yourself out while you have the energy. I’m not going after that business. Doing just fine within my limits. Next vehicle will be a hybrid but not sure what to get at this time.

4 Likes

Ummm that depends on a number of factors.I have very few that take 2 hours from start to finish including travel. I also do a lot of hybrids.I make a great living doing this.

1 Like

Interesting. What is your pay scale for the hybrids?

1 Like

Really ? $350? Where do you find that?

3 Likes

Fees are definitely dropping thanks to the influx of people that entered the field and are willing to cut their own throats. I have had two calls this week offering low pay, I told them both it wasn’t enough. One said “let me try to get that amount approved” and never called back, the other scheduled me and then cancelled when they found someone cheaper. Fine by me. I know my worth and I’m not working for less than that. I get plenty of good work, I will let the people who are willing take the scraps.

6 Likes

The closest Safeway gas station to me is at the grocery store (a bit cheaper than shell). Currently the gas is $4.03 per gallon for regular. :frowning:

1 Like

Super. Proud of you. Can you please give me some tips. Thanks.

1 Like

I find out that, just like any business, you get out what you put in.
Maybe you just need to put in more

3 Likes