Starting to hate doing this work

Yoou sound like one of the admins on FB pages selling the NSA courses.

3 Likes

yeah that the point we making. Why would I travel doing that burning expensive gas and using more of my energy. When I can just get a job and be stationary and don’t have to deal with the unorganization of title companies. That’s why I made this whole thread. To complain.

5 Likes

Thats so funny because when I hear that I just tell them its fine. No need to call me. Just send the paperwork. Thats the biggest lie we get! Not sure I need to check with my supervisors?? What? sure ya do.

1 Like

Wow this is really disappointing I’ve been set up with my business for a whole year and I’m just getting started into the field to work :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Sooooo funny :rofl: . YES :rofl: I’M ONE OF THOSE IDIOTS!!! Sorry can’t quit laughing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can tell you yes, I take $75 - $125 offers all day long. If that makes me an idiot, so be it.

1 Like

Thank you ever so kindly sir.

Exactly, Nailed it. Well said

Very well said thank you. I don’t discriminate neither lol

Thank you! I think we need more comedy in these threads haha

Yes sir it surely does. Going out 15 miles printing 300 pages to operate at a lost. You must not be good at math. So your jokes are writing themselves​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Mediocre comedy by people who chase mediocre fees. Go figuređŸ€·đŸżâ€â™€ïž

So you wanna make $25 an hour after expenses😂. Might as well work at amazon

2 Likes

Saw an ‘automatic e-mail reply’ to a counter I’d made to a platforms’ lowball offer yesterday. Whole thing rubbed me the wrong way, but one thing stood out: words to the effect that if it’s too far for the money offered, the only reason we ask is you may be going there for another client anyway, so this low fee might work for you. NOOOOOOOOO That’s scam-think.

4 Likes

These companies are accepting QUANTITY over QUALITY
NO LOYALTY TO ANY OF US WHO HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THEM FOR YEARS!!! Do you notice all the instructions that come with signings now?? It’s because of all the errors!!!

4 Likes

Yep, they be wasting my paper. I get the forms change but it has been a while since the 1003 has changed.

Did you also consider your income taxes on that fee? Printing and mileage is not all the costs. What about new tires, oil changes, etc because of all the mileage you put on the vehicle.
Personally, I will not walk out my door for less than $150, for a signing in my neighborhood. And no one has called me and said that I have enough loans signed and deserve more money! (I have over 1500 signings under my belt) They send out blanket texts with the low ball fee and whoever accepts, gets it! That’s it. If all that received that text counter, then they go with who counter the lowest. That is how it works

1 Like

I am a new notary in Southern California. Started in late June. It has been a slow start. I signed up with about 76 loan signing services. I am getting a lot of calls now for work. Everything has been over $100. I have been working with a title company that called me for a last minute job to work with a private banking client for a $18 million dollar home refinance and I took it and did a great job and now they use me for all their high end clients. Those jobs have been paying $250-$350. I work consistently with about 6 different companies and I am getting about 10-12 signings a week now. It was really slow the first month though. It can be stressful and I do not drive far for my signings. The furthest I have driven is 20 miles. I try to stay close to home if I can.

6 Likes

Congratulations! I do a lot of private bank clients as well. I noticed that these affluent clients don’t have debts and their homes are almost always free and clear. Being a former banker I recognize their understanding of using other people’s money to make a bunch of money in a short term and pay it off very quickly. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing ‘Go Direct’ since I started this business in 2018, I don’t know where y’all are living/working but here outside of Philly, PA (Go EAGLES!) going direct is chasing a unicorn- EXCEPT in 2020 when Title and Realtors weren’t bringing their clients into closed offices, THEN they knew me- but only for a few jobs. So- where is all this ‘Direct’ work?!
NOW- I am DEAD IN THE WATER! I refuse to even consider signing company offers for all reasons stated- I don’t work for a negative balance. I thought 2021 and the booming real estate market, I’d be golden for closings. NOPE, Title is keeping their business except in occasional situations & they are going through signing companies to get a notary. I’m at my wit’s end as to how to market myself for GNW aside from sending emails and stopping in empty offices. Time for a new avenue of income but at 66 yrs old -starting over AGAIN - is daunting!

1 Like

Totally agree. Direct does not work everywhere; not for me either. The local TCs (some of whom are subsidiaries of national TCs) all view me as the competition. I very rarely get direct work
and it’s pretty much always a 1 & done Seller pkg. with a small local-to-property transaction/out-of-state TC. I think ‘direct’ only works in a very few areas of the whole country. Covid here meant nothing–they mask in-office & handle local bank business.

2 Likes