Suggestions to Beginners

I agree. “Do not despise these small beginnings” Zechariah 4:10

Unfortunately its people like you that promote these crazy fees that no one can afford to work with. It should be hard to get involved in this business thats how we stay in bis. Value creates a product, supply and demand dictate price. If we are more standardized we all win. Otherwise we are just cheating ours self’s and lower our standards and career to meat a lower quality. Stand up for your self’s and only take high paying jobs. And if you cant live off that then get a part time job until you can. It took me several ears and allot of hard work to become full time and wont give that up to anyone. This is like any job you earn your way up, no free rides. Keep your dignity and the agency’s will have to pay more. We have inflation now. NOW is the time to demand more “Hello”

3 Likes

Yep, everything else is going up but NSA fee is going down lower and lower? Stop it people! Have some dignity, you probably better off working at McDonald’s or Starbucks they are paying Starbucks people $20 an hour I heard?

Ok, those who have a problem with my suggestions, I am asking you to give us real experiences of when you first started in this business and how much were your signings in the beginning; how much was your very first? Provide real-world information, not textbook theories. Not one person has offered any concrete experiences; only opinions based on where you are now, let’s talk about the beginning.

2 Likes

OK you want to know what I started with here it is.

6 years ago started with a major nationwide signing agent company. Bottom Line, They paid me 85 out of office $50 in office. Never worked for anything less… Now I refuse to conduct in office signings. Only out office, do the math that’s where you start. If you work for anything less than that your foolish.

Thank you for providing this information.

Problem is is that it is difficult to get higer fees once you go that low

1 Like

I am now with CX Choice but I can’t seem to get any orders. They send them to me and i immediately log in to accept the order and every time have been told someone else already accepted it. Even times I had my computer logged in and right when they send it I try to accept and still no luck. No one answers the phone either. Is anyone else experiencing this with CX Choice.

1 Like

I am but I’m also a newbie. NSA is not my main lane but it is something I offer. For now I just keep trying hoping one day I’ll be chosen for one. In the meantime I’m doing GNW and other non notary acts until I can get a decent signing. I’m learning in this business you need a little patience especially if it is indeed saturated.

Again this is not my main it’s just another service I’m adding. If this is your main just continue to research and prepare for that signing. It’s coming!

I have only been in the business for 4 months. I have quickly learned that a $60 refi ends up costing me! We definitely have to sit down and calculate our overhead expenses are. I’m grateful for the business but I’m doing this part time and I’m on my 3rd brothers toner… We all know those are not cheap. Blessings to everyone on this busy last week of funding for November…

1 Like

same here with all orders they sent me. i was lucky to accept one on time but it didnt work out bcus i ran out of ink lol. since then i havent been able to accept an order bcus there gone as soon as i log in

1 Like

I’m a newbie to the business and this list of overhead cost is very helpful.

Thank you

1 Like

I’m strongly against the low fees that CX choice offers. Try to sign on with

Timios
Mortgage Connect
Inspire Closings
FASS Vendors
Signature Closers
Notarygo.com
Signingorder.com (add the 20 zip codes)

3 Likes

I guess I am in a very saturated area. I signed up with every one and almost 150+ SS yet i barely get any notifications. Notarygo offers are absolute joke and CX are low ballers.

I get maybe 1 to 2 signing a week.

When I first started I was getting offeres that were in the $150-200 range for Refis, Buyers, and Sellers Packages. Texas Equity loans were starting out at $250. 2.5 years later fees have dropped to $75 for Refis, Buyers, and Seller packages. Texas Equity loans are running about $150, with SS and Title companies complaining about how high fees.

Texas Equity loans require signing in a Law, Lender, or Title office. Most of are done in Law Offices where there’s a $50 fee to use the conference room. When I’m offered $60 for a Texas Equity Refi I’m paying the Title Company to close their loan.

I have Title Companies telling me they have “authorized” me to close Texas Equity Loans in the parking lot of a local Title Company or law firm. The problem is the TC can’t authorize me to used another’s premises to close. Closing on a TC or Law Firm’s premises without their approval is trespass and voids the closing. If this is ever discovered, the Notary is the one who’s in trouble; both civil and possible criminal prosecution. I know for a fact there are NSAs who are doing this.

NSA experienes are very geographical in nature. Every market is different with is why one’s claim of how much is being earned is not reflective nationally. Within Texas what happens in Houston is very different from DFW and what happen in central Texas.

I did my first signing at the end of August, it was a VA Refi and I was paid $120, I was so excited to receive that as my very first signing. I quickly found out that is not the norm in my area in Florida. The average is $75 which in my opinion is low considering a lot of the packages are close to 200 pages (x2) and most have 10-15 forms to notarize plus the other documents for signatures. Majority are out of state and does not have the specific language that Florida REQUIRES so I end up attaching a lot of loose leafs if there is no room to correct/add the language needed. I have heard the debates in all of the groups I am in and I agree with both sides. For loan closings, $75 is the lowest I have (and will) accept period. I tried the holding out for $100 or more thing and that just got me a month of no closings!! At this point, if an offer comes that I am available for and it is at least $75 (w/o scanbacks) then I take it. I have countered a few times and been successful. So the range of my closings have been from $75-125 to date. I decided for my company, I can’t afford to work for less than $75 and I also can’t afford to just wait on offers that are over $100. Because the reality is someone is taking the $75 offers and I would just be sitting home hoping for a higher offer and it’s not guarantee that I will actually be the one to get assigned the offer when they do come through. Definitely the location makes a difference and I learned that I do have to decide what works for me. I wish we could ALL hold out until they started paying us better, but I don’t foresee everyone just stopping to make that happen. I feel like I have been blessed to receive more $100 offers than $75, but I also have not done a lot of closings! I feel like I certainly could have done more had I been accepting the $75 offers the whole time. Everyone has to work their business how they work it. I do believe it can hurt overall accepting the really low ball offers, but I can’t tell someone else how to run their business. I only know what I need to pay the bills for me.

2 Likes

More stuff newbies are gonna need. . . computer (2 screens?), dual tray printer, scanner, desk and chair, aspirin, Pepcid, Bromo Seltzer, masks, Jack Daniels. Have I forgotten anything?

6 Likes

A skilled masseuse. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Now we’re talkin’. :innocent:

Hahaha!!! Love this. :slight_smile: