WARNING: Non-Payment - The elite etiquette group

NEVER WORK WITH

The elite etiquette group. I have several signings that I have not been paid for. I’ve request payment numerous times and have received no response. I received a 1099 stating they paid me a certain amount, but they haven’t paid me that amount. My oldest invoice is 277 days ago. Yes, I’ve been contacting them monthly. I just gave them a demand notice to respond within 15 days. At that point I will file with small claims court for 3 times the amount plus filing/court costs. I have been more then patient.

1 Like

@ErinD Thank You for sharing your Direct experience with this business entity. Sorry to read about this non-payment by them.

I performed a cursory Search for this business entity and promptly found 6 additional threads on them. See the direct url link below to the page listing this & the 6 additional threads.

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=elite%20etiquette%20group

You may find it helpful to review the other threads as there is guidance provided by others who have worked with them and sought payment as well.

======

Here are a few separate additional posts that you may find helpful:

:swan:

If they sent you a 1099 that doesn’t reflect what you were, or not paid, keep all of your records including what you did to collect. There could be tax implications when it comes time to file your return.

1 Like

I’m so sorry this is happening to you.

I use a CPA to do my taxes. He used the 1099 given from them. He said if I don’t, it can flag my return for an audit. But he said to file a discrepancy letter with IRS. They will be forced to show all payments made or they will go under investigation for all their 1099s.

1 Like

:open_mouth::blush: You got this, go get 'em.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.