What should YOU charge a SIGNING COMPANY?

Also here: https://notarymemphis.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/notary-fees/

Phil and Tim
Excellent! It’s also important to think ‘by the hour’ rather than ‘type of job’. There are (few) times when even $50 makes sense and $250 is too low. Everyone needs to KNOW what their fixed expenses are and build fee UP from there.

1 Like

What happen if we all collaborate not to accept a really low fee and listen to each other as a whole nation? Maybe we could achieve for a better fee. Hmmm
 I know someone in there is saying that I am dreaming!

1 Like

I’ve been doing this for 25 years and one thing that is quite disappointing is seeing newbies thinking $100 is great.
It’s not. If you don’t value your time, nobody else will. And, yep, wpetrzelka, you are dreaming because there are people who simply don’t know better and refuse to think.

4 Likes

Yes and in my area newbies are closing fior 40.00. I’m in shock & refuse to even start my car for less than 125.00 plus plus . I also blame Snapdocs as they charge clients 2500. A month and guarantee low fees.

People add your paper your toner your gas, your supplies not to mention TIME & you will see you are doing an injustice to yourself & all career partners.

Nothing will close without our service.

6 Likes

Funny. I see companies always offering a reverse signing for $60. I agree with you on all of your points.
How about the $30-$50 signing an hour from home?

I don’t start my car for less than 200.00

1 Like

News Flash! Snapdocs doesn’t have any direct involvement with the lowball fees that scheduling companies offer Signing Agent.

3 Likes

Really? who is setting those fees?

the company who sends the blast tells you what they are ‘offering’. It’s up to you to accept, ignore or negotiate.
Many companies seem to catch on fast that they can make out like bandits by offering a waaay low fee and trust some fool will accept. Don’t let that fool be you.

7 Likes

Hi Charlotte
 I’ve recently moved from Las Vegas, NV to Williston, ND. I’m having a hard time figuring out what to charge for closing and travel charges as a lot of closing are over an hour one way. I see you are very knowledgeable and would appreciate any guidance you could provide me. I could give you my email to make it easier to communicate. I thank you advance.

This is still a very low fee. You will need to account for your travel fee per mile plus the signing fee of what is worth. This is why it is important to know how many pages of loan documents. If they say 144 - 160 pages then you have an idea that it may be a refinance loan and this is how you base your loan signing fee. VA loans and Reverse Mortgage loan could be more fees, as for me they are complex loans due to its signers and the loan documents could be more pages than normal. So don’t let yourself down for a low fee especially if you do a good job.

That’s Correct, I thought everyone new that!

Lender, Title
Both try to keep as much as they can for Themselves!!

Signing Agents should remember that they are running a business and the services they provide is their product. All Agents should “Realisticly” charge what they think their services and product are worth.

I ask for more and they just find the next notary to accept. Too many to take the cheap deals.

1 Like

Agreed. Im in L.A and some conpanys want to pay $62 with fax back! no way :hamburger:

FWIW
yesterday a signing service offered 150, then 250, then 350. My point, of course, is they can pay far better than they generally do
only because there’s usually some idiot who will grab it for $62. (In case you’re wondering
my granddaughters hs graduation was more important to me.)

5 Likes

My minimum base is $100, then $25 gets added for the type of loan and scanbacks. Its sickening to see NSAs bust their butts for $75 for a refi, and try to fit in 5 or 6 a day, only to make less profit than they’re worth.

4 Likes

I’d not call them idiots out right
more like extremely inexperienced newbies who have not taken an NSA class like N2Pro or Sign & Thrive (where fees are discussed in detail) who really just don’t know what to charge. Most believe what is offered is the “norm” because they are told this by closing coordinators. Those low ball fees are definitely NOT the norm nor what is expected industry fees.

Then you have experienced full-time NSAs, who work themselves to the point of exhaustion, who do know $65 to $90 is pitiful but take accept these closings for the sake of working. These folks risk their health and imho, have no business sense because if they did, they’d figure out what their profit margin was, and not accept such low ball fees. These folks are “stuck” in that “employee mind-set” not realizing that they are running a “for-profit business”.

1 Like