What would you do if you were offered $70

Ethan,

Wow 6 months operating an NSA business. I’ve been managing various businesses for nearly 30 years ranging across R & D Engineering, Healthcare, and Tax Preparation. While you’ve handled maybe a few thousands of dollars, I’ve been responsible for managing over $500 Million.

Both myself and my esteemed colleagues have been offering you free advice, advice that I bill $200/hour for. You are free to make your own choices, what you don’t realize is you’ve burned a lot of bridges on this forum. My last word of advice for you is this; A hard head will always leave you with a soft wallet.

2 Likes

Well that’s a simple solution don’t make an error

Taxes were added in my scenario

Not necessarily, as seen above there isn’t what I’m pricing that puts you out of business it’s the marketplace and notaries wanting money to go back for a error

Sir, with respect, I am willing to agree to disagree on this. I was the one who was hastled while commenting I did not mean to instigate anyone. I don’t even use these forums very often… i learned my lesson

Ethan, I’ve been doing Notary work [NSA, Legal, Trusts, Probate, Personal Injury, and cross jurisdictional Mineral Leases] for the last 6 years. I haven’t achieved the level of expertise that many of our colleagues have reached. I have much to learn from those who’ve gone before me. Still think your 6 months makes you and expert?

No one has insulted you by pointing out your youth and lack of experience. However you were attempting to ‘respectfully’ offer up an age related insult directed at me. What you’re not aware of is this forum is visited by Signing Services and Title Agents. Do you think you’re going to get business from them when they see how you interact with your colleagues?

You’re not a victim of insulative behavior, rather your more experienced colleagues are pointing out operational errors in your business.

1 Like

What I considered a insult was this

I took that as major offense as you explaining I didn’t know anything, along with other sarcastic rude comments made to me. I realized I was disrespectful and I apologize about that I got a little heated due to the sarcastic comments made to me. but I deleted the comment and I am here apologizing for that.

This and my previous forum is what I found to be very disrespectful and the constant agitating regarding my opinion on low fees

To recap - OP said:

YOU responded with:

People here did not hassle or harass you for this - we tried to get you to see the fallacy in your decision-making and how you’re hurting those others trying to make a living in the industry. Sorry to see you just don’t get it…you print 424 pages, scanbacks, travel 2 hours (more if you don’t scan back on the road) - you are NOT making a profit in the NSA business alone accepting those fees.

3 Likes

The harassment continues… I had no problem until you all started hassling me with sarcasm and basically telling me I didn’t know anything because of my experience additionally on a previous thread telling me I need a mentor and help. I see on these threads all the time bad mouthing signing companies and fees. I support signing companies, title companies and appreciate them for all they do for us.

This is what brings the hassling and harassment defending the companies that support us. That’s why I don’t use these forums usually and this will likely be my last thread due to how angry and aggressive individuals get on this website.

For what riverpoint tax said, I understand I was wrong for being disrespectful and I live up to it. but I only said that after this harassment. Regarding companies doing business with me, I wonder how they view many of the individuals who complain about signing companies or call them out directly. I would never do that as I respect them and the work they offer. My record shows on this forum, social media, and other platforms that I support signing companies and title companies and do not complain.

1 Like

That works great until you have to replace supplies , fix your vehicle and pay taxes. You must be a new notary that will have a tax lien soon and be out of business.

1 Like

Already put the taxes in my scenario and have my taxes ready to go for all my income. Haven’t touched tax balance once

I also have fixed my vehicle and put away for taxes and done oil changed gas a new printer and I’m still in great shape

What do you mean “sent it back”? Did you actually accept it in the first place? We get ridiculous offers all the time that I either ignore, or respond to with my counter-offer. Some of them are so ludicrous, they’re not even worth the time or effort to respond to

2 Likes

This whole conversation blows me away. Everything, especially our expenses, are costing more, while us notaries are being offered less and less. When a lender or escrow makes an omission, they have blamed me many times so I would clean up their mistake at my cost. I’ve given this industry my best and I won’t contribute to the profits of everyone else besides me. I continue working with those who treat me well, and long ago walked away from those offering little to no profit. I’m picking up other types of jobs to compensate me for my hard work. If you don’t want to accept these ridiculously low paying jobs, and others want to work for peanuts, go ahead. As many other notaries have said, you’re just ensuing that your future as a notary will not be a lucrative one.

2 Likes

TOPIC CLOSED BY ADMINS

A reminder: The Notary Cafe forums are intended to help support each other. Please be respectful of others. It’s OK to disagree. Personal insults and accusations are NOT allowed.

NC_Mike
Notary Cafe Support