Best Signing Companies

I do not give anyone my personal information or pay for a listing.

3 Likes

Lol yes I have done all that and then some. I am certified through my state and through NNA. I still don’t feel confident enough to do a signing yet. I even paid 75.00 to the Notary learning center for one of their courses but it was a waste of money. I didn’t learn anything new. I’m feeling like I probably need to bite the bullet and get the Notary2pro course. Seems like it’s the best to learn all the ins and outs of the business.

1 Like

I’ve worked with X Marks the Spot and they do not request no credit card information. They will mail you a check.

2 Likes

you would think this will be the case, as I was going through the process it was asking for ccard info. even though my CCard will not be charged, that just didn’t sound right.

How well do you know mortgage documents? Can you explain them? I would practice with someone to get confidence. I have trained new closers, and have found, what most have problems with is explaining the Closing Disclosure and Alta. Practice reading/presenting documents upside-down. That is just my take on it.

2 Likes

I was told that too. I applied last week with them and that is the response I received.

Unfortunately I personally can say there is not one signing company I have worked for that I would give a star rating too. I have been a NSA in California for over 2 years. I have worked with over 30 companies and it is sad to say that most have not been the best companies to accept assignments from. It has been a huge disappointment in trying to keep my business going. I did have a good experience with Accountable Agents, they are the only company that actually paid me what I asked for. But the good one are so few and far between that it is a discouragement. I feel like most signing companies are taking advantage of notaries with offering low fees, paying us nothing for time and travel and barely paying us the base fee for notarizations. And then taking 30 days or more to pay us, if they even pay at all. Most companies I have to contact for payment. I have found that most signing companies don’t like you to ask questions, rush through everything, and most are down right rude when you speak to. Most seem to be dealing in shady business practices too.

I don’t want to sound negative, this has just been my experience. I am hopeful to find work with companies that aren’t taking advantage of us. I enjoy the work i do.

3 Likes

I did a Reverse Mortgage for them last month. Great fee, paid in less than 30 days, and just let me do my job.

I received an email or text from them that advised they were changing their name to the name of their title company, Title 365. Not bought out.

You may need to sign up with a signing company that requires scanbacks. They will check your work before you FedEx or UPS docs. They will catch anything that you may have missed and you will have to go back to the borrower to get it signed or initialed. Trust me you will not make those mistake again. Also, in beginning don’t accept assignments that are last minute or that docs may come in at the last minute. You will want to have time with the docs to review and prep them, add Sign Here arrows everywhere so you don’t miss anything! I fill out the acknowledgements and jurats beforehand and sign and stamp at the signing. Always go through docs again at the end of the signing to be sure nothing was missed! It won’t take long to become more familiar with the documents. These companies don’t pay nearly as much, but a great way to get started! I don’t know where you live, but Signing Stream really had my back in the beginning!

9 Likes

Can you please identify a few of your favorites?

Yes, I received the same email.

Where I live companies are only paying 85-100 for reverse mortgages. They should all be paying $200.00 plus. I never take them anymore. Not worth my time.

6 Likes

I work directly with the loan officer and Title. I went to a Seniors Seminar where they were doing a reverse mortgage presentation. I talked to the loan officers and brought lots of cards.

3 Likes

This is not a full-time job until you have built your business up. It took me about two years or more to be able to stop my daily consulting practice. If you do not have any experience with owning your own business or doing contract work it may be more difficult for you or not. It is really best not to spend a lot of money in my opinion on courses/material until you learn more. There are used books around the Internet to buy for a lot less than from NNA or anyone else. Buy one of those books and read it from front to back making notes in it and highlighting it. It should show you all of the documents (even though some may be no longer used TIL, HUD1, etc.) and at least you can learn the lingo and process. This is not an “easy money” career and it’s all hard work. I’ve signed over 10,000 packages and I have to work each day to build my business and to do successful signings and that includes nights, weekends and holidays. If you are depending on this for full-time money I’d step back and make a pro and con list possibly. We are only as good as our production and that will speak volumes once you get going. I LOVE this work and it fits my personality and I drive 14 counties which works really great for me. I’ve never been one to sit behind a desk and do office work. My background is a retired Mortgage Loan Officer, Processor, Marketing/Sales Consultant, Accounting just to mention a few. This all fits in nicely to do this work and without it, I’m sure I would have failed by now. The hardest part is “closing the file” when the consumer is acting like a horses rear. This will and does happen and we have to be able to close it. That is our job not to wimp out or not know what to do. The money part takes time to learn who pays and who doesn’t and my rule is to always check them out on the 3 notary blogs and ask them tough questions. If they are deadbeat companies I put them into my phone and when they call I no longer answer their calls. That saves a lot of time when I know that they don’t pay. I trust no one.

11 Likes

How do you sign up with Amrock?

2 Likes

In my humble opinion…you are very foolish to answer the question “when will my loan fund”…sometimes things go smoothly and the lender funds the day after the 3 day recession is up…please don’t put yourself in a box and have the customer up in arms and calling the lender quoting you that it would fund on such and such a date

Remember, we are not allowed to advise, explain or opine

4 Likes

Amrock Website ](https://www.amrock.com/) go to the bottom where it says Signing Agent

I hope that happens with this closing but not so sure. When I asked they said they pay direct and use Snapdocs to load and record keep. Said I will be paid within 30 days.
First Class formally Notary Signing Service, LLC

1 Like

How do you sign up for Carrington. They are up the street from me. I want to just go and ask.