Gitto Construction Scam?

Hello,

Has anyone received an e mail like this? I smell a scam as they sent me a download to a dropbox link and than asked me to sign in with my Snapdocs user name and password. Please see below. I googled Gitto Construction and it came up in Nigera…huge red flags for me.

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:47 AM, Dennis Zahora wrote:
Good Morning, We are looking for a notary agent to handle our documentations for us. We are looking to buy and sell our estate and we will be glad if you choose to work for us. We are offering $200 per any available. Kindly get back to us if you are interested.

Received this today on 12/21 after I responded

*Good Morning, Attached are the document we need you to get sign and the location is about 12miles away from you and kindly login with your snapdocs login details to view the closing docs and the buyer’s contact details in the loop. *

PS: We are offering $215 for this job.

Regards,

Dennis Zahora
Gitto Construction LLC

I smell scam too. They are probably trying to get access to borrower info to commit wire fraud and intercept account numbers, names, and SSN, etc. Thanks for the heads up.

Lot of that going around…different names, e-mails, even approaches. Pick up docs on OneDrive or someplace never used by others. Gotta be careful out there!

Those were my exact words to them on my reply Justine. Thanks

Yes Arichter, we defiantly do have to be careful. I like the forum on NC much better than others as the people here are more engaging so figured I would post it for others to see. All the best

1 Like

UPDATE - Guess I am not the only one. Snapdocs just posted a disclaimer on their site about e mails like this. Snapdocs is urging people to change their password right away if they attempted to login to the scammers dropbox.

Someone posted on Notary Rotary about this same thing - different author of the email but same circumstances.

Looks like SD got leached.

Thanks Linda, Yes, I received the exact same dialogue from another sender to my e mail address as well. Snapdocs is warning not to use your passwords for the dropbox.

SCAM! SCAM! For sure. Besides that - how many of us have ever received an email direct from a company stating we’ll get $200 or more. I even had the person say they would up the price but then I had not even accepted the offer. SnapDocs was informed they are being used and they informed me to immediately change my password so if information was being hacked through them, they would be unable to use the old password. So change your passwords and delete anything related to this company. Notify the NNA of this bad company too!

1 Like

Thanks Tamita. Will defiantly notify the NNA as well. Good advice and thank you.

I got a similar e-mail in Tennessee and also Googled Gitto with the same result. I have never received $200 for a signing and decided it was a “phishing scheme.”

Thank you Martha, I too have not received $200 for a signing. In NY a title closer can get that during a purchase, if they are taken care of, but not a standard signing. Totally Phishing us. Just wanted to put it out there for others to beware.

1 Like

I just got an email from this alleged company this morning. I have already been victim of notary fraud and it is being investigated by the FBI. It is my understanding that this “group” is from Nigeria. They have gotten my information from the internet and had several stamps made with my information on them. They have used these false stamps in several life insurance and state retirement benefit transactions. Be very careful

1 Like

Yes, I received an identical email to the one you described. First off, they are offering way too much money. Secondly, Gitto Construction, according to websites listed, are located in NY on Long Island and also Nigeria. Trashed it. Not worth the risk.

I just received the email. address states from" Mike.basile@outlook.com
“Good Afternoon. We are looking for a notary agent to hanle our documentations for us. We are looking to by and sell our estate and we will be glad if you choose to work for us. We are offering $200 per any available. Kindly get back to us if you are interested. Dennis Zahora Gitto construction co.”

If in fact it was legitimate, it would be with a company email address. The grammar is a RED FLAG!!

Darlene Deegan

1 Like

I just spoke with Dennis Zahora, he is a realtor in PA. He is in no way related to this scam or Gitto Construction.

I received a similar email. They didn’t answer my questions as to who they were, or who they represented, but instead responded, offering $215 and with an attachment that I didn’t open. Their email referenced my Snapdocs account, and seller documents, which indicates that they may have breached Snapdocs.

Notary in Alaska

Do NOT use your Snapdocs Login at all! If you did, I would suggest changing your password. Thanks all for the contributions to this thread.

I think the Gitto Group is a legitimate company here in NY but as Susie mentioned, it looks like the scammers in Nigeria are fishing for peoples Snapdocs info using a composite of multiple alias.

Hello,

I just found your website due to the fact that I got the Gitto email Notary request yesterday and I am glad that you posted this information. I will keep an eye on the messages left in regards to this infromation.

The good thing is I found this website!

Thanks to all,
Shela