Signing Services and their Compensation Agreements

I have noticed, since the new year, that many servicing companies are changing their policies, which was in the agreement “these policy could/can change without your knowledge at any time” and it has happened. I know the quality of work I perform. So, although I not extremely worried, I don’t like feeling threatened. I have had an experience where I completed a flawless signing, due to the time of evening and the holiday (mail/FedEx/UPS) closed, the documents where scanned immediately, within 15 min of completion, but the documents shipped 2 days late, the “signing service” per their agreement “states if the instructions are not followed exactly their would be a “reduction” in fee” however, the signing service came back stating the client was not happy and would not pay the invoice. Which meant, I did sign/notorized the documents, I did the work, but would not recieved any payment. ** I did block this signing service company located in Houston Texas**
Back to my original statement, I have noticed many more signing services stating “if there are any mistakes on the notary’s part, there would be no compensation”
So, the work we perform, at anytime the signing service company could state their was an issue, and legal not pay you because it was in their Compensation Agreement you signed, 6mo, 12mo, 24mo ago they have the right to reduce fees or no compensation(changed) if the NSA makes any mistakes. I understand where the service company is coming from, I agree to reduction of pay, or the NSA being sent back out (at the NSA expense), however, if I place my signature and stamp on a document then I should get paid!! If I miss something, I agree to go back, on my own dime and fix my mistake. Anyway, just be careful if your working with signing services that have this *clause.

3 Likes

You said, “I have had an experience where I completed a flawless signing, due to the time of evening and the holiday (mail/FedEx/UPS) closed, the documents where scanned immediately, within 15 min of completion, but the documents shipped 2 days late, the “signing service” per their agreement “states if the instructions are not followed exactly their would be a “reduction” in fee” however, the signing service came back stating the client was not happy and would not pay the invoice.“

I am so sorry to hear that:(. That is so unethical of that company to not step up and do the right thing and pay you for your honest hard work:(. I feel ill when I hear this kind of horrible stories. If the loan got booked, customers got funded, realtor, lender, loan officer, title, and signing agency got paid; you my friend must get paid for the job that you’ve completed! Also the Notary Service fee listed in the ALTA Settlement Statement and or in CD was the fee that the customer paid for! Yes, they charged the customer for your notary service probably $175-$500 notary fee. You only get paid on what ever the amount you agreed to accept the order! And they pocket the rest! No problem because that’s what we agreed to. Title or signing company must pay you! They owed you! And you need to add interest on the money that they owed. Please don’t let them take advantage of you like this.
You need to file a compliant with TDLR (The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation). TDLR is responsible for licensing and regulating a broad range of occupations, businesses, facilities, and equipment in Texas.
When you file a compliant they have to launch an investigation on that company.
It will not go well for them if they intentionally taking advantage of you.
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/complaints/ComplaintForm.aspx?strRadiobutton=Service%20Contract%20Provider

I feel so blessed that all the companies that I am working with are paying me within 7-15 days. I have some that pay 30-45 days but I got paid within these time frame. I agreed with their terms knowing that I have to wait as long as 45 days to get paid. I’m not worry about those companies. They are professional and responsive so I can live with that.

Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice. Psalm 112:5 NIV

4 Likes