Your experience with mortgagedocs

What can we do about those signing agencies that refuse to pay? I have been reaching out to MortgageDocs since June for 5 outstanding invoices. Has anybody dealt with these crooks?

Ah. MortgageDocs. I did one for them years ago. I got paid… eventually… but judging by the forum posts here and elsewhere, I was lucky. My suggestion is that you consolidate your invoices in a single itemized demand, with a line item for each signing. Forget about their “we pay when” bleating, they have lost their credibility so you do not have to extend credit to them any longer. Larger amounts are harder to ignore.

Send that invoice every Monday to every contact you’ve ever known at ND. Keep track. After you’ve sent it 3 times, contact a collections agency.

You’ll pay the collections agency a percentage of the amount collected. Consider it the cost of education.

Go to Notaryrotary.com and check out Signing Central for a peer-rated list of signing companies. It’s an excellent resource.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

1 Like

The crooks owe $75 for a signing since May. I’ve chased and chased and no dice. At this point I’m cutting my loss and moving on. If I ever accept another job from them they will need to pay me upfront. There are better and more reliable boards out there. Snapdocs is reliable and consistent.

1 Like

Hello,
Mortgage Docs owed me over $400 before I sent them a demand letter. I waited for over 5 months before receiving payment. I also CC the title company and the lender. You don’t have to cut your losses or give up half of your fee to a collection agency. Get the Title Company and Lenders involved. Hope this helps.

1 Like

You need to know how to deal seriously with a deadbeat.

1. Research the title company. Get the names and email addresses of the branch manager, supervisor and the EA who worked on the docs.

2. Reseach the lender. Get the info on the branch manager and loan officer.

3. Who regulates the title companies in your state? In Indiana that is the Indiana Department of Insurance. I have gotten to know the director and we have discussed the possibility of the IDOI auditing a title company that keeps on contracting with a signing service that is a known to be a thief of services.

I also list the SOS, not that they will do anything but getting multiple complaints about a company at least puts them on the radar.

Send an email to the Baldoni’s. Let them know they have until 9am the next morning to contact you otherwise the letters go out and make sure you are ready to go. If they do not respond by your deadline, send the emails out and cc the Baldoni’s. Then let them know that you have the courier label addressed to the title company that was used in returning the documents. You will use it to send a copy of your invoice to the t/c every 3 days until you get a check. And let the t/c know this is what will happen. You understand it’s not their responsibility to pay you but when they see their exposure, they will contact the deadbeats and the check will be forthcoming.

Do not contact the deadbeats and give them unlimited time frame. You set the deadline. And act on it.

2 Likes

They owe me $425.00 and I have been calling almost daily. I have sent numerous emails and they never respond. I am in the process of turning them over to a collection agency. I have to pay the collection agency half, but it is a matter of principle and I will continue to try to collect from them. It really is pitiful!

1 Like

Hello,

I had the same problem of not receiving payment. . Eventfully after several months of following up with emails and phone calls I finally received payment.

1 Like

I did some work for them, and didn’t get paid. The lender, THE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK, couldn’t care less. I’m never getting paid by them jackholes.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting since March to get paid for work I did for them. I keep a list now of companies I will never do business with, and they are on the list. I guess I will write this off as a “bad debt”.

1 Like

I have been trying to collect on 3 signings I did for Mortgage Docs in January and February! Even emailing the owners, Rudi and Steve Baldoni, and the title company, has not worked. If you have success, please let us know.

1 Like

I located the title company, emailed them and cc’d Mortgage Docs, finally a check arrived.