1003 form question

I have a refi tomorrow and the lender instructions says the 1003 form needs signatures but there is no place for them. No place for initials either. It’s a rental refi - not sure if that makes a difference. I’m not sure what to do. Has anyone else seen this?

@notarizedbymandy Great question :sparkles:

No one can truly give you a definitive & ACCURATE response on your query, except your hiring party. Certainly not worth taking a chance . . .

There are many elements that are interrelated on the Loan Documents that are affected by signatures and/or dates, including the Notice of the Right to Cancel [NORTC] doc, etc. from what is on the URLA/1003. As such, this knowledge, expertise, & responsibility is outside the realm of purview for our responsibilities.

Reference Page 10 URLA/1003 of these Sample Loan Docs as previously provided by @Bobby-CA :
http://static.crowdwisdomhq.com/nna/courses/NSA_Parent_Course_8.4.2016/flash/content/resources/documents/LOAN_DOCUMENTS_AtAGlance_4_8_15.pdf

======

It’s also contingent upon the format of the doc the Lender is utilizing . . . so, tends to be Lender specific. The URLA is normally about 20-22 pages in length.

For DEMONSTRATION purposes only, (you may already know/have seen) some URLAs/1003s that I’ve recently seen [all have been the new format] include:

• a small line on Page 1 [for 2 Borrowers] for the 1st Signers’ initials
  • on approximately Page 11 or 12 there are signature lines for both Borrowers along with very specific instructions for the date format to be completed by the Borrowers
  • the following page has Demographics and is for the 1st Signers’ signature along the bottom segment of that page. NOTE: There is no “Signature Line” indicated on this page.
  • a few more pages into the package will be the 2nd Signers’ initials line
  • advance a few more pages to locate the Demographic page for the 2nd Signers’ signature. NOTE: There is also no “Signature Line” indicated on this page.

In conclusion, in my direct experience => it would be quite UNUSUAL for the URLA/1003 to have no signatures, initials, nor dates required. Again, this is not an answer to your query, merely an example of what I typically see in Loan Document packages.

======

It’s advisable to ONLY accept a decision on your query from your hiring party. Don’t place your reputation on the line. It’s simply NOT worth it!

Best Wishes. :sparkles:

Thank you, I have reached out to the signing company. I am wondering if the borrower signed some of the docs electronically - I notice throughout the packet she doesn’t have to sign on several of the forms I normally have a borrower sign on - most of the docs she has to sign are the docs that need notarization. I appreciate your in depth help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That could very well be the case; however, you’re quite sagacious :owl: to reach out for the instructions from your hiring party.

Oh! Always remember to request their reply to you in writing for your protection; i.e., via email, etc.

This may sound ridiculous, but be sure you didn’t print on letter-size paper when legal size was specified and the signature lines were cut off. I did that once when i was just starting out. :grimacing:

1 Like

You can bet the 1003 needs an initial and a signature–and maybe more than one. It’s on there somewhere. Look again.

The signers had e-signed many of the documents before the closing - including the 1003. The instruction page was wrong. I’m sure a seasoned agent may have figured this out - I’m too new yet to know. Good learning moment.

1 Like