A little frustrated

$75 an hour away is still an insult.

3 Likes

On the web it says the HP 110 series are ink tank printers. These are ink jet, but the tanks usually make them more economical to run than ink jets that have cartridges. Speed and water-resistance of the finished documents might still be issues.

1 Like

I want to give you some additional insight. If you are getting your info from the orders on snapdocs or other portals, you need to understand those are automatic instructions, not specific ones. The ONLY time scans might be required is if that company is able to fund from scans which is not as common as you think. In my area, fedex east coast cutoff is 4:30 and West Coast is 5:30. If I do a signing at 10am, there is no benefit to dropping at Fedex at noon (for example) Occasionally I get an antsy SS owner that says they don’t see tracking. yes maam, well, cutoff is at 4:30, I drop once a day. Well…the EO really needs to see the tracking! Hmm…if you would like to pay me an extra fee… LOL Ok I am side tracked but the point I am trying to make is that there is an entire day to get things done and your deadline IS BY CUTOFF! I had a signing on snapdocs yesterday and the scans were required by 2 hours after start time and it was far away. I called the SS when I was done and said I would have scans up in about 3 hours. They were perfectly happy and said no worries…those are just automatic scan requirements snapdocs does when they check the scanbacs needed box.
All that said, I do have an Epson es300 portable scanner and I love it! I do use it frequently and scan from the table when things are urgent. You might want to try the genius scan app on your phone. I did a 100 page doc and it turned it into one pdf…super easy and free!
I do agree thyat the requirements can seem ridiculous sometimes but ya gotta take it with a grain of salt. I work for hundreds of SS and am direct with a lot of title companies…the better companies you work with , the better you are treated. When you get enough work you can let go of the ones that are truly ridiculous :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the best easiest Mobile scanner ? I am so rural I need to scan from the car when I find cell phone coverage. Do any have a doc feeder ? Thank You , Christopher

I didn’t take a year off like you did, and am coming to realize going home to scan is a money waster, expecially when I will be driving right by FedEx on the way home. Making a separate trip to drop documents costs mileage and time.

I was lucky, in a way, that a solar generator I had in my Airbnb tent from last summer, works perfectly to run my scanner in the back of my car. If I bring my laptop with me, which runs on a battery, plug it into the scanner, which is plugged into the generator, I can have it done before I head home and if I’m lucky, the company approves the scanbacks and I can drive right to make the drop.

1 Like

Hi Debra ~ it is a tricky game in the Notary world to make a decent income. This week working part time I made $700 with 2 property purchase signings and 3 GNW signings. This is a good part time job for me keep my brain cells active at my age. If people are wanting to work full time in this field will take extra marketing research. Wishing you good luck on your journey. Have a nice day!

Try to explain to someone from New Jersey that Texas has counties are bigger than many States.

1 Like

So true ~ my son has a home in NJ and VA so when I visit always amazed by so many toll bridges. TX always does things big. I was fortunate to travel to many states in US (but not all). Vision puts things in perspective. Have a good evening !

Wow, Sjkad55! I
I’m sure glad it was your phone doing the typing. I almost quit reading your response because of the spelling and grammar mistakes. And, I’m not an English scholar.

Is that why we call it artificial intelligence?

Respectfully,
Guy

. . . . . . . . . . :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

:swan:

Great post Samantha, however “I work for hundreds of SS” correction " You as a business owner " provides a service for hundreds of SS! Mindset my dear!

Also I have noticed we need to have a picture of the signers ID included in the loan documents. I always ask in advance for them to make a copy of their ID, if they do not have a copy machine my Brother ADS-1700 portable wireless scanner has the capability to insert the id and it scans both sides at the same time.
I upped my game plan and purchased an Alpine Swiss Rolling 17" Laptop Briefcase on Wheels Attache Lawyers Case Legal Size which has a secure dual combination lock. It fits my laptop, scanner, notary book, basically it fits all you would need to run an organized business. Amazon $99.00 when walking into a signing you give off the vibes of polished and professional business owner!

I also purchased for $149.00 on sale (Amazon) an ALLWEI Portable Power Station 300W(Peak 600W), 280Wh Solar Generator with USB-C PD60W, 110V Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, 78000mAh Backup Lithium Battery (small and lightweight) instead of using a power station you plug into your car socket. This comes in so handy when there is no cell service I can plug my laptop, scanner and separate printer into this (No I am not getting paid to mention these items) I just want to share what works with me to others in this business.
These purchases (investments) have helped create a thriving well run efficient mobile business.
I also live in New Hampshire (lots of rural areas I go to) so I inform the signing service of this so they are aware if they do not hear from me its most likely because I do not have cell service. Those automatic emails from the ss’s are annoying but its part of the business and you have to adapt.
Do not give up!

Hi, please read my comment below I am rural too so everything I purchased for my business is a gem!

@acdonly a portable printer will solve that problem.