Accountable Agents llc

Why does accountable agents try to low ball when in reality they are getting paid 2 to 3 times what they offer notaries. $125 for a 7am Saturday refinance with 155 pages is not acceptable. Why the greed in all the signing agent companies? Notaries are the ones doing all the work and also why print a second copy. All signings I’ve completed, the client has a digital copy of documents. Notaries use to make $150 to $275 per signing. A rule should be in place where notaries get paid at least 80% of what lender pays signing company.

1 Like

I agree that fees are too low but I have never received over $125 for a refi. I have been in business a little over a year.

I think you know the answer to your questions. As for me, Accountable Agents is a good company. I’d take the $125, and have, even realizing it’s an hour drive each way to the signing, an hour at the table, printing docs, etc. I’d take it because the new normal on average is $85 for signings, and I take those day in and day out. The notary business isn’t what it used to be, fees have dropped. Just the facts.

Because lenders, and title are bundling fees and the notary fees go down, its not greed. $125 is a good fee.
Signing agents do a lot of the work, this is true, but look up the cost of acquiring a client, keeping a client.

Then go out and get yourself your own clients, so you wont be stuck working for signing services

Lisa

I don’t take less than $125 for anything on a weekend. An hour away on a Saturday 155 pages would be $175 or they would have to move on to some one else. It may seem like a different time and on some days it is because some Notaries continue to THINK they HAVE TO take the low ball fees and so there lies the problem… I end up working most Saturdays against my husbands liking but I make over $300-$500 that day making it well worth it to me. I go on Vacation in January to where the sun shines living in Oregon Rain From Hell state so while all the notaries keep taking pennies for their time get to work their fingers to the bone day in and day out I will make enough to get the sunshine I deserve. Please ladies you deserve more! You are the bread and butter to all of these companies.We are the only human touch their customer get. Value yourselves and they will have to as well. Like one of the other gals on here said dress professionally - dress for success. Put your heart into it, I do every day. I love the people I sign, even the crabby angry ones…they usually have a good reason for feeling that way by the time I get to them. Our business can be enjoyable. Life could be worse - we could be stuck in the office working with all the meanies!!! Demand more, you will love yourself for it! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi, I totally agree with you Jean G! Also, having a middle man such as Snapdocs doesn’t help notaries. I’ve also seen on the disclosures the notary fee and it’s usually $50+ less than my offer. I also believe that fees are based on the number of notaries in each state/city. New notaries will accept low ball offers. When debt consolidation assignments (45 pages, $150-$175)) pay more than a refinance (120-170 pages $100-$150) there is definitely something wrong. I’m not referring to all signing companies, some are really good, pay on time and others are the opposite. Somewhere in this business there is a disconnect. Happy signings everyone! :blush:

1 Like

companies offer an amount and it is up to the notary to name the fee. If they don’t like the fee, like you say they can move on to someone else. $ 125 is the very lowest I will go and I am recently charging $ 140 and $ 150. Those who take the $ 85 offered by the company are costing themselves a lot of money. A notary puts in 5 to 7 hours on most notary jobs if they are correctly doing the job. Especially if there is scan backs etc. A days work on other jobs is at least $ 140.

1 Like