Added my Notary business to Yelp

I was very reluctant at first, but I recently added my business to Yelp. In so many ways it’s been a nice change. For the past 16 years, I’ve been mostly a NSA, but recently through Yelp, I have new clientele I normally wouldn’t have. For example, I’ve recently notarized adoptions, surrogacy agreements, power of attorneys, and unfortunately even divorces. I have had some loan signings, but generally, they are no more than 20 pages. Quick and easy! This is really a great option if you want a little change in your day to day routine. Reviews were the biggest reason why I never really pursued Yelp, but it’s something that you have to consider when you’re working with the public and/or Yelp. Other than that, I have averaged an extra $1000 each month for the past 4 months. It’s really a great stream of income, plus it’s less stress since these require less of your time and energy. If you are a NSA then you know what I’m talking about! lol :smiley: P.S. I should mention that I live in California so it makes sense for my situation and/or location. It may not make sense for you. Hope this was helpful!

14 Likes

How much did that Yelp ad cost you a month? I ran one for two weeks and it cost me way too much compared to the few jobs received.

1 Like

Yelp costs me about $300-$400 per month, but you can choose how much you want to spend. Although Yelp may have ad minimums… The income I mentioned above is net income, so basically it pays for itself + it’s a tax write off + it’s an extra stream of income.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information…

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information. I had been thinking about adding myself to Yelp as well as google business. Your post just gave me the extra boost to get it done.

2 Likes

I have thought about doing this a while back, but forgot and now you just reminded me to do so! However, I didn’t know you have to pay to market on Yelp. Guess this is part of having a business…you have to spend $ to make $! I have advertise on Google business for free. I’ve noticed my GN work has increased since I’ve created my site, so sure it will even more once I add Yelp and IG. I’m located in GA.

3 Likes

I get some business from Yelp and didn’t cost me anything. Is it really worth it to pay $300-400? I’m just charging $10 per signature, and I don’t think I get $300-400 revenue per month from Yelp.

1 Like

Yes, you can definitely choose not to pay and still get some business on Yelp. I also did that for about 4 years. I would say that I get way more business from Yelp with the ads versus without. You can start off with a smaller budget like $150 if you want. It’s really up to you, your location, and/or your needs!

3 Likes

Hi all, I have a business account with Office Depot and about 2 weeks ago it gave me $300 dollars in credit for Yelp. I have been on the fence about this but sounds like it’s a pretty good thing to invest in for your business.

1 Like

I just signed up with yelp today. I selected the average $7 per day for 26 hits. I’ll see how it goes…
Thanks for your input!

3 Likes

Thank you for a great idea. I appreciate notaries who share.

1 Like

I have a free listing on Yelp and have never gotten a call even though I’m the only one listed in my city. Also Yelp for business has awful reviews.

2 Likes