Adobe Reader Update

Anyone else having issues printing the legal size pages today on Adobe Reader?
2-11-2021.
Everything was fine on Monday.

Yes. I’ve been experiencing the same issue and struggling to figure out a solution. If anyone can help…

Thank you.

I found this on another thread, posted by Arichter. I am now sure how to redirect you, but here is her message:

Some sort of update created this and many have complained. Quite a few solved it by using Foxit in place of Adobe. I also found this fix, which several say worked for them:

“I found this on the Adobe Support Community and it worked for me:
Steps to turn off the ‘Protected Mode’ :
Launch Acrobat
Click on Edit (from Menu Bar) > Preferences
Click on ‘Security (Enhanced)’
Uncheck ‘Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)’ > Click Yes (on popup)
5. Click on OK > Close & Re-Launch application and check.”

I tried it and it worked.

You are awesome! Thank you!

Yes, it shut me down on Wednesday. I thought I had a virus, or that my Brother printer was malfunctioning. After calling Brother twice, and downloading Adobe twice, I purchased Adobe DC, which corrected the problem, now I am on the hook for $14.99 a month.

However I get cloud storage and the ability to make my own PDF files, and it seems to be an improvement to Adobe Reader. Oh well… lost about $500 in signings and dissected my computer. I should have gone on Notary Cafe to see if other were experiencing the same problem, never though an Adobe update would slam me.

1 Like

Issue was caused by a Reader update late on 2/10. JGoNotary’s fix is the one posted on the Adobe website - it worked fine for my partner. Like davidslocke2016, I have Acrobat DC Pro - have had it for about a year now. The program is flexible and surprisingly useful. There have never been any issues like wingdings or printing errors, and the monthly fee is a tax deductible expense.