Advertising

I received a call from Fairways Direct offering advertising on the booklet that has the score card and other helpful info about the golf course in my neighborhood. There are approx. 11,000 rounds of golf played throughout the season at this course. The greens fees or memberships are quite expensive.

Would advertising on the score booklet increase my business prospects much?

Most of my work comes through the notary sites where I posted my profile.

I know my ad would not be the only one throughout the season; ( I need to find out what share of the advertising booklets would go to me). I verified with the golf course that this is a legitimate advertising opportunity.

The fee? $399 for the season. What can I estimate for the return revenue for this type of advertising?

Doubt someone teeing off is looking for a notary and after the game, the scorecard goes in the trash. Think you’d be better off making up a flyer & posting it where people actually need a notary…nursing homes, hospital, etc. While many banks offer free notarizations to customers, many banks won’t do ‘everything’.

1 Like

Arichter, thank you for your thoughts! I was thinking the same. However, I was entertaining the idea because I have no of knowledge of advertising/return on investment and do wish to draw more clientele. The people golfing, generally speaking, at this course, would tend to be business owners, doctors, lawyers, real estate professionals… I live in the neighborhood so I thought a professionally designed advertisement of a local notary might be worth it. I do agree that the score card goes in the garbage, and no one ever went golfing in search of a notary. $399 is a hefty price for a small time notary. Thank you again!

It’s always tricky to know whether a new advertising opportunity will be worth the investment, especially when there are so many factors to consider like the size of the potential audience, the competition from other ads, and your own business goals and marketing strategies.