Advice: Take farther signings

I don’t post often but I read these boards every couple of days. Lately there have been plenty of posts about fees. I’ve made a topic about this before (other have as well) but take what you can get and take those last minute/far away signings. I get work directly from title companies and never have issues with fees but to get to that point it takes a while and some “favors”. One that I work with (wont name names) used to give me new jobs once a week maybe once every couple of weeks and the location would usually be at least 45 minutes away with a couple close ones sprinkled in. After a month or so of doing those they started giving me consistent work to the point where I’m taking orders for their new clientele (the larger banks) exclusively. Once these title companies and their agents see that you’re willing to put in the extra effort they will remember you and you will end up being one of their 1st calls.

This is not a sprint, this is not some get rich quick opportunity. YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE WORK.

1 Like

Caveat: You should have mentioned that this tactic only works with a Title Co. that has a high volume in your area, PROVIDED the fee is high enough to adequately compensate you for the time & mileage/gas expended. Also, doing last minute/far away jobs for anyone you’ve never worked with before is almost a sure sign that there’s a reason…and it usually does not work out well for you.

1 Like

My area is saturated (live near a major city) but the title companies would rather go with experienced notaries over newer ones. When it comes to last minute signings, most of the ones I take are due to other notaries backing out at the last minute