AMROCK is notary shopping

I thought I’d put it out there that Amrock is notary shopping. If you don’t know what that means you haven’t been a notary very long.

Would you please explain what you are writing about?

1 Like

What do you mean by your statement??? “that if you don’t know what that means you haven’t been a notary very long” That sounds rather harsh! Amrock approached me a Signing agent of 18 years and 10’s of thousands of closings under my belt between CA and HI. I wasn’t sure of what or how this was to work? I have over a 100 Title and Signing Services I am in their data bases with. Amrock has their own scheduling dept. this I know, but the term " Amrock is shopping" needs some explanation. Don’t belittle someone who would like a little more detail in this statement.

4 Likes

Hi Amy I’m a little confused by his post too can you please put what he means in terms that we can all understand a little better?

1 Like

Sure. If you don’t work for Amrock directly, they put an order out to all the sub-companies to find a notary. For example: Closing Exchange, Notary 123, etc… If one of those companies book a notary, send a confirmation and it’s accepted and then another company finds a notary cheaper Amrock will redact the first order. That’s a clear breach of contract. Therefore, when I stated “you haven’t been notary very long” that means you haven’t been around the block to know what I’m talking about in this case. Title companies such as Amrock start tightening their expenses and the first on the chopping block is the notary fees. Make sense now?

1 Like

Yes, thank you for the clarification and providing new notaries the chance to learn something without being taken advantage of. I sincerely appreciate your explanation.

Personally, I don’t know why anyone would want to invest into being a notary signing agent now. It’s counter productive. The gold rush is over.

1 Like

Well, i did invest in it earlier this year. No, I didnt fall for one of those buy my training and you earn six figures schemes. I’m a grandmother who cares for her grandchildren first. I had a part time job working hours of my choosing at a ma and pa type business doing notary work. Well, pa cheated on ma and job was over since the business closed. I already spent so much on my commission in January 2021 and didnt want to see it go to waste. Not to mention, where else would I find a job that worked around my schedule? I work because i want to work, not because I have to.

2 Likes