Another notary action

I had closing for my own refi and the signing agent who was assigned to do my closing was informed that we will be doing closing in the garage which is well ventilated. I also do the same thing when I go to do closing for the client I ask borrower if we could do closing in the Garage, so that family members can have their privacy while we do the closing so this guy had a chip on his shoulder then he arrives 30 minute prior to closing and he is arguing with me that the closing is scheduled for 5 pm I explained to him the signing is for 5.30pm my wife is not here earliest I can do is 5.15pm at which he said it is upto you. He departs and comes back at 5.30pm.
He arrives we started doing signing his tone was very rude but I was keeping my cool till we reached RTC page I was trying see RTC the dates were correct initialed it he started poking his pen into my hand and trying to stop me if I did something wrong for him he could had taken out my copy and could have asked me to resign only not initial.
Started to yell at me at that point I was done with him I got up from the signing table I informed him that I am a signing agent too and I never treat customer like this. Then he started by saying you are biased and he called my racist so I Informed him will call title and let them know about this at which he started saying nasty words started to calling me racist and while driving away he called me racist which everyone on my street heard now they are jeering at me so my question is should I bring a Defamation against this particular notary for his action???( just to let you know he is on this forum too)I have already discussed this matter with sheriff’s Department

1 Like

Wow, what a night. Thats terrible, I hate poor customer service. If the Notary was having a bad day, HE/SHE should reconsider showing up. I think you are doing the right thing by reporting the Notary to the title company who hired HIM.

1 Like

Wow! That’s so terribly rude UNPROFESSIONAL and abusive. Report him at every Avenue you can. He makes notaries and the profession look bad. Amazing that anyone can act like that AND expect to accept it and expect to earn a living

1 Like

That was rude! He deserves to be reported

1 Like

I had 2 options for this person’s attitude either I report him to Secretary of State for his attitude or let him go so I decided for latter he will get his match next time