Anyone else's business slow?

SLOW!!! is an understatement. I haven’t had a call or anything in the last couple months.

1 Like

Yes April was a complete stand still don’t worry it’s going to get very busy

Try applying on Snapdocs or BancSvs

What is bank svs? I am registered with Snapdocs.

SRY! Jordan, it’s not Bank , It’s BancServ! Give them a try.

I was slow last month and first week of April, then this week and last 3 was booked solid, and had to turn away multiple signings. I also abstract and volume is heavy, things are about to pick up.

1 Like

They make you a take a test to work for them you must score. 75 or higher

Yes they do charlotte, but! It wasn’t that difficult, passed easily.

1 Like

HI, I would love to get into abstracting. How does one do that? How did you get into this type of work? I do have some experience in public records research. Have sort of taught myself how to trace a property title. Thanks! Any advice will be appreciated. idonaldson58@gmail.com

Good morning,

There are a lot of whatifs on that. Depends on the state your doing work in. I used to work for Valuamerica, Cendant, First American, etc. Been a licensed title agent and examiner for 20 years. Nebraska, Kansas and a couple other states you need a license. You would also want to get an E and O policy at least $500,000.00. I use $1,000,000.00 due to the clients I work with. I can recommend someone with best pricing, and also ties in with Notary E and O. It unfortunaly is not cheap, but once you have consistant clients it works out well.  Each state is different on how to abstract properly, so it depends on state laws in each stat, such as judgment length, UCC, and a lot of other things, lots of state depending. Midwest is more title plant dependant, so that changes a lot of things, and Iowa issues there own policies instead of having title insurance. So basicially you have to know your areas nuainsces. It is state dependant.

Patrick Nevling
CEO

All Pro Signing, Abstract, and Notary, LLC
7224 Blackberry Ln North
Jacksonville, FL 32244
Telephone: (904) 240-1667
Cell Phone: (904) 316-9443
Patnevling@Comcast.Net
https://www.allprosigningabstract.com

1 Like

I’ve been doing this now for about 3 weeks and I get on average about 3 signings a week. I consider that busy. is it normal to have 2 or 3 in a day? That would be great if it were…

Is that what is the matter? I am just starting and I have not gotten any contacts yet. Did I just start at the wrong time?

I am averaging 4-6 per day here in Vegas right now.

I have had to turn orders away the past few weeks.

Hang in there!!!

Did you get special training for this, or did you learn on the job?

Slower than last year, which was slower than the year before… GNW helps a lot.

Wow @NotaryNow! I am in Vegas too and have to been with these registries for a week now and have not been contacted yet.

Try to talk to scheduling dept every day regarding any signings so they know you are looking for work

Hi 702NotaryPlus,

I’m not sure what’s happening out there in Vegas, but here in New York its really picking up since my last post. I am up to about 10 signings a week which works out to about 2 per day. On the weekends I’ve scheduled as much as 3 in a day!

Hope you’re having a better season than before…

H.

1 Like

That is great! Yes I was brand new and just figuring this out. I am getting more calls too while I am still learning of more companies and how to advertise.

1 Like

It has been slow here in Oklahoma just this week I got two & couple coming up for the next two weeks. I’m hoping to get more soon.