Apple laptop can't read the 'doc magic'

I have a macbookair and I’ve been using it for years with zero issues in reading and printing pdf documents.

Now, certain signings are adding ‘doc magic’ in the bottom right hand corner of the signing documents. (incredibly frustrating). I can print these documents just fine; however, my apple will not acknowledge the ‘doc magic’ and blacks it out which of course makes the signings invalid.

The only work around I have found is if the person sending over the pdf document with the ‘doc magic’ in the right hand corner is if the person prints the document on their end and scans them to me in pdf format. Then I can print the pdf format with the doc magic on the page. This is a major pain in the butt for the person sending me the document.

Has anyone else found this issue and figured out a work-around? This appears to be an issue for macusers only. And no, I’m not switching to an inferior laptop so this is not the solution or a workaround I’m willing to bow to. BTW, I tried viewing the document from my adobe reader and when viewing the pdf document I can clearly see the ‘doc magic’ but when I go to print, it will still black it out.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. I’m a loan signing notary that when I get a request for a signing rated at $40-$50 I refuse it and I offer a higher rate. This week I’ve noticed I am now getting requests matching my rates. I hope this encourages other notaries to stop accepting low ball rates for loan signings. If we all stick together, we can get better rates. :slight_smile:

I have never dealt with a Doc Magic document. But from the information I could locate, those documents appear to be linked with an eClosing system., named DocMagic. If this is the same thing you are referring to, I would contact DocMagic.com at their phone contact number: 1 (800) 649-1362. You could also try to contact their customer or Technical support team. They may have some answers or work-arounds for you. It is possible that they require a special version of Adobe PDF to handle their formatting. The link to their website is https://www.docmagic.com. Hope this helps.

I understand the Macbook Air uses the MacOS operating system. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe that allows you to read and print PDF files. There are many other ways to read and print PDF files, but the ones I’ve tried have been troublesome. The first thing to try it downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader and seeing if that works.