Bancserv Application Process

I read comments from several notaries that Bancserv is a great company for sign for. I went to their site to enter an application. Their application is only open on the 1st of the month, and you’re required to take a 30-minute test as part of the application.

If you’ve been through their application process, could you tell me a little about it? What is their test like? Is like the NNA exam, or is it more difficult? Do you have any tips that might help my application be accepted?

Thanks!

I completed an application with Bancserv and was accepted almost two years ago. Honestly, I don’t remember the test as being difficult. If I recall correctly, the questions dealt with mortgage docs, ethics and notarial acts. You also have to do a one-way interview and submit it. The interview, to me, was like any interview you may have for any position you’re seeking.

4 Likes

@earnestine_johnson Thank you for your response. Do you happen to remember anything about your one-way interview with them?

Only that Bancserv gives you the instructions on how to do it. You have to use your computer’s mic and camera to record your answers to the questions posed. When you’re done, there is a link to upload it to Bancserv.

1 Like

I don’t remember taking a test because it’s been so long, but I love BancServ. They pay 2x a month direct deposit and it’s like clockwork. They have never been late. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for this info as I am a new signing agent and was thinking about signing up for this platform, but was taken back by having to take a test as I have not come across that from other platforms. :blush:

I’m signed up with Bancserv also. It takes time to get in with them because you can only sign up on the 1st day of the month between 12pm-3pm PST. The test isn’t that difficult, but you must know standard Real Estate Loan docs, notarial acts, and notarial ethics. You must score at least 75% on the test. Once you do, then you have to wait a few days for the invitation to login to upload your credentials. Then you have to wait a few days or weeks for the invitation to do the one way video where you have 1 minute or so per question to answer some basic questions. I have found other sites that also test your knowledge before they’ll let you in.

5 Likes

Once you submitted your credentials and did the interview, how long did it take for them to get back to you on if you were approved or not? I am still waiting to hear back. Also, what happens once you are approved? Thanks!

It took about 2 weeks before I got the email that I was approved. Once that happens, I had to go in and set up my login details and download the app to my phone and now it will make a distinct sound when there’s an offer. Once it comes in you have about 1 minute to take it before someone else does.

Thank you! I followed up with them and they responded shortly after I asked you. Told me they had so many applications that it could take a few weeks and that I should know by the end of the month. I’m hoping that since I reached out, it might get expedited? Doubt it, but worth a shot! You might have mentioned it already but do you do a lot of business with them? I know every area is different but just curious what to expect.

I don’t do as much as I’d like to. Often times when they have an assignment, I’m already booked for that time and/or date. Additionally, most of their assignments are for same day or next day, but they pay the higher fees. I try to do a few from them every month because their packages are smaller, and fees are so much higher. For instance, they paid $115 for a Deed signing. That’s one document, maybe two minutes at the table, and a 15 minute drive with no scan backs. Drop was around the corner from the signing so driveway to driveway was 36 minutes for $115. However, on the other side of that, I had a Texas purchase a couple weeks ago that was a little complicated and required scan backs. Normally they don’t require scan backs so since it was my first scan back with them, I didn’t know that their site only accepts 25 mb which meant I had to break up the scans into 4 separate 25 mb files. That was the hardest assignment I’ve ever had with them. The vast majority of their assignments are very simple and quick like Amrock’s assignments are. I don’t know what area you’re in but I hope you do well with them.

Hello. I am waiting for the outcome of the interview too. I did it on May 1st. Just tried to follow up by email and phone, and no replied at all. When did you finally got your approval email, do you recall? Thank you

I think it took almost the entire month to hear back from them.

Oh wow. I dont expect that long, since they said on their email only a few business days. I tried to keep in touch try to find out when I should expect the answer, but cant get in touch with anyone. Thank you so mich for your info.

Hey guys! I wanted to add to this thread because I had also been hearing this is a great SS to work with. Since they’re so highly recommended and pay pretty quickly, they get TONs of applications and are able to be pretty selective approving new applications.

As mentioned above, they only allow people to apply on the 1st of each month between 12:noon and 3:00 pm Pacific Time. Here is the link to apply:
https://www.bancserv.net/Notary%20Processing/NotaryLogin.aspx

When you go to that page any other time, the page tells you the application window. I wish that it also tells different reasons why someone might be rejected, because it’s the middle of the day, and people won’t schedule work, signings or anything else, not knowing they may not be accepted.

When you go DURING the window, it asks your name and email address and brings you directly into the test. The test is VERY easy. It’s 25 multiple choice questions and you have 30 minutes to take it. I finished in under 7 minutes with a score of 24 out of 25. You only need 75% to pass. If you don’t pass, you can’t take it again for another month, so go ahead and take it, rather than waiting for the 1st of next month to study first.

It was less than a few hours before I received a rejection letter, with a list of disqualifiers for coming on board with them. It was basically just a form email. On the list, includes if you have a Realtor’s license or Mortgage Loan Originator’s license, you’re auto disqualified. Since I’m also a Loan Officer, I wish I had none there was no chance of coming onboard, which would have saved me from not scheduling anything else on that day. There’s no way I’m going to give up that license, so I will have to forego working with Bancserv, which is unfortunate since they come so highly recommended.

I’ll copy/paste my rejection letter here in case it helps anyone else see some reasons why they might not qualify, before going through the process! Better luck to the rest of you guys! =)

**Please note the last sentence mentions they change their disqualifiers often… so I REALLY wish they would post that on their site! LOL… But for now JULY 2022, this is the list…

Dear xxx

Thank you for your recent inquiry to become a notary in our database however we regret to inform you that your application has been denied at this time. Your application was not approved due to one of the following reasons listed below:

• Location - We currently have an over saturation of notaries that are well qualified to handle the amount of work we receive in your service area

• Availability - We are currently only seeking full time notaries in your service area

• Experience - We are currently only seeking notaries who have more than 1 year experience with loan document signings

• Loan Officer/Real Estate Agent - We are currently NOT accepting any notaries who hold an active or inactive license from the Department of Real Estate. Only notaries with expired licenses will be eligible to be in our database. All applicants are verified through state licensing records before a final decision has been made

• Attorney State - If you reside in South Carolina, Georgia or Massachusetts please note we are currently only accepting Attorney’s in our database at this time

While we feel it is not a good fit for us at this time, we suggest that you try again in the future as our notary pool and acceptance guidelines are constantly changing. Please feel free to re-apply in 6 months.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bancserv Notary Department

Thanks for sharing. Are you saying that notaries can access the quiz anytime? They do not have to wait for the exact date and time to see the quiz page? I always thought that you can only see the quiz page on the 1st of each month and between 12pm-3:pm time frame.

No, you can only see the quiz during the application window. When you go to the link to apply, they ask for your name and email and then it goes directly into the quiz. What I mean when I say not to worry about the quiz is that it’s very easy and it’s multiple choice, so not to wait or hold off another month to study, because worst case scenario, if anyone fails the quiz they can’t take it for 30 days (which would be around the next application date, anyway)

1 Like

I may have misread your post then. Thanks for the explanation. IMO, I disagree with their “no active licensed realtor and/or MLO! There is no conflict of interest if you don’t notarize your own loan or your own RE transaction. Oh well, they pay their rules, eh…

Also I ran into many active MLOs and realtors who are also NSA right now. So I’m confused.

I don’t think they go by their criteria either because I know someone who was rejected without explanation, no email of why. She said maybe she didn’t look pretty enough! IDK.

Forgot to add that I ran into an insurance agent like Allstate who is an NSA also. I did his loan signing because he obviously can’t notarize his own signature.

I completely agree! Some Signing Services consider it a plus if the Signing Agent also has experience with Real Estate Sales or Loan Origination because we have more experience with the documents than just our experience as a Signing Agent… Oh well! Hopefully, they will change that! =)

1 Like

100% agreed.:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3: