Bancserv Application Process

I read comments from several notaries that Bancserv is a great company for sign for. I went to their site to enter an application. Their application is only open on the 1st of the month, and you’re required to take a 30-minute test as part of the application.

If you’ve been through their application process, could you tell me a little about it? What is their test like? Is like the NNA exam, or is it more difficult? Do you have any tips that might help my application be accepted?

Thanks!

I completed an application with Bancserv and was accepted almost two years ago. Honestly, I don’t remember the test as being difficult. If I recall correctly, the questions dealt with mortgage docs, ethics and notarial acts. You also have to do a one-way interview and submit it. The interview, to me, was like any interview you may have for any position you’re seeking.

3 Likes

@earnestine_johnson Thank you for your response. Do you happen to remember anything about your one-way interview with them?

Only that Bancserv gives you the instructions on how to do it. You have to use your computer’s mic and camera to record your answers to the questions posed. When you’re done, there is a link to upload it to Bancserv.

1 Like

I don’t remember taking a test because it’s been so long, but I love BancServ. They pay 2x a month direct deposit and it’s like clockwork. They have never been late. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for this info as I am a new signing agent and was thinking about signing up for this platform, but was taken back by having to take a test as I have not come across that from other platforms. :blush:

I’m signed up with Bancserv also. It takes time to get in with them because you can only sign up on the 1st day of the month between 12pm-3pm PST. The test isn’t that difficult, but you must know standard Real Estate Loan docs, notarial acts, and notarial ethics. You must score at least 75% on the test. Once you do, then you have to wait a few days for the invitation to login to upload your credentials. Then you have to wait a few days or weeks for the invitation to do the one way video where you have 1 minute or so per question to answer some basic questions. I have found other sites that also test your knowledge before they’ll let you in.

4 Likes

Once you submitted your credentials and did the interview, how long did it take for them to get back to you on if you were approved or not? I am still waiting to hear back. Also, what happens once you are approved? Thanks!

It took about 2 weeks before I got the email that I was approved. Once that happens, I had to go in and set up my login details and download the app to my phone and now it will make a distinct sound when there’s an offer. Once it comes in you have about 1 minute to take it before someone else does.

Thank you! I followed up with them and they responded shortly after I asked you. Told me they had so many applications that it could take a few weeks and that I should know by the end of the month. I’m hoping that since I reached out, it might get expedited? Doubt it, but worth a shot! You might have mentioned it already but do you do a lot of business with them? I know every area is different but just curious what to expect.

I don’t do as much as I’d like to. Often times when they have an assignment, I’m already booked for that time and/or date. Additionally, most of their assignments are for same day or next day, but they pay the higher fees. I try to do a few from them every month because their packages are smaller, and fees are so much higher. For instance, they paid $115 for a Deed signing. That’s one document, maybe two minutes at the table, and a 15 minute drive with no scan backs. Drop was around the corner from the signing so driveway to driveway was 36 minutes for $115. However, on the other side of that, I had a Texas purchase a couple weeks ago that was a little complicated and required scan backs. Normally they don’t require scan backs so since it was my first scan back with them, I didn’t know that their site only accepts 25 mb which meant I had to break up the scans into 4 separate 25 mb files. That was the hardest assignment I’ve ever had with them. The vast majority of their assignments are very simple and quick like Amrock’s assignments are. I don’t know what area you’re in but I hope you do well with them.

Hello. I am waiting for the outcome of the interview too. I did it on May 1st. Just tried to follow up by email and phone, and no replied at all. When did you finally got your approval email, do you recall? Thank you

I think it took almost the entire month to hear back from them.

Oh wow. I dont expect that long, since they said on their email only a few business days. I tried to keep in touch try to find out when I should expect the answer, but cant get in touch with anyone. Thank you so mich for your info.