Beware of Notary Scam Email

Hello Notaries,

I received an email on 8/15/22 from looks like Shapiro Law Firm in New York asking am I available to do a refinance and purchase signing. In the email all the I’s were lower case and the email that sent the request did not use the law firm name. I called the law firm the next day and asked for that person. That person did not exist at the company and that it’s been happening a lot with scammers using their company name. Today I received a email with a link to received the documents. Long story short the link is a virus. I immediately deleted the entire email. Just sharing. Be careful.

Beverly

5 Likes

Phishing at its finest :woozy_face:. Thank you for informing us :revolving_hearts:! It is so good you called the firm & did not click the link :sweat:.

2 Likes

You are most welcome. We must look out for each other.

2 Likes

(CA) Yeah, they tried to lure me in, too. Total scam-a-rooney!

I received the same email from that The Shapiro Law Firm, and I received it 2 times, The first was asking if I was available to except the signing on Thursday. one with listed documents, and no phone number to contact. I Googled the Law firm in New York spoke with the Attorney, They do not do ligations for real estate, The Shapiro Law Firm litigate for main focus immigrations. He advise to delete the email asap. My cyber security, software recognized the last email with the link attached and locked it out with warning it was phishing mail.

I received the same email. When I couldn’t open the link that was supposedly the docs. I responded to the email to let them know but no one ever responded.

When I read your post about The Shapiro Law firm it confirmed that it was a scam. And it made sense why I didn’t get a response.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

1 Like

Hello Carla,
You’re welcome

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this!! I’ve received them too but I don’t even respond to these. They had the same message about being busy and not able to rest because they’re so busy. It just sounded like a scam so o treated it as such.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.