Blue Notary Platform

Are or have any of you used the Blue Notary Platform? It has the “free” platform for an individual Notary to bring own clients for GNW - or - Hybrid where you accept Notary from clients which has a monthly fee.

1 Like

Yes, I have it. In order to have ODN (On Demand Notary) you do have to pay a monthly fee.

1 Like

Are signed up under the Hybrid? If so, do you find the ODN profitable - in other words worth the monthly fee?

It would depend on the frequency of the clientele they send you. Also there are other signing services that you can use, I would tap all that i can find and see which ones bite.

I use Blue Notary frequently for my remote online notarizations. I chose to pay the monthly fee because I can charge my fees to the client separately through invoice.

I was skeptical at first about using online, but you get that fear when you have never done it. I was quite surprised how everything works.

I have notarized for clients all over USA plus Italy, Hungary, and Spain. All out of country must have business or something that originated from the USA. The KBA technology will work for you, even if they are no longer in the states. If you do the free notarizations, you only pay the $3 fee plus you need to wait 2-3 days to get your money from Stripe.

If you pay monthly, you can get your money by invoicing your client for direct payment and I use Square so no waiting there. You still pay $3 fee that is used for the KBA technology or identity verification. My business has expanded because people find out by word of mouth that certain notaries have the training. Not all notaries embrace the technology of RON. Very Happy with Blue Notary!!

7 Likes

I found Blue Notary a few months ago and was excited they had a Free plan to use. I decided to try it and did my first notary signing… It went well and the platform was easy to use. That being said, I did not get paid for my service for over a week… going back and forth with their “customer service chat” on a daily bases, every day they kept saying “we are looking into this” after over 7 days of waiting I thought I would let people know to be cautious of this platform… I only wish I knew… :expressionless: :pensive:

1 Like

Did they ever pay you?

2 Likes

Yes, and I never had an issue since! Thank God, it was a glitch in their system and its fixed.

1 Like

Very interesting. I am trying to switch over more to the technology side of things.
I am between Notarize and Blue notary.
They both have their pros and cons.

How do I get direct RON clients to bring them on the platform?
I have a lot of word of mouth going around but I feel like there is something missing.

Thanks a lot!

@Collin - make sure you confirm with the FL SOS that Blue Notary is an acceptable RON platform for them. They have a list of approved providers - last I looked it was very short but more have probably been added since I looked. I do seem to remember Notarize is already an approved FL platform

They both are. This is why I posted

I am between the two and would like some advice or tips

1 Like

(NY) I am a BN Hybrid user, and have notarized documents using the platform including bringing my own clients to the platform. Based on my experience, if you plan to bring your own clients to the platform it is worth the Pro Hybrid fee, but I would not rely on BN sourced work, as the volume of open calls is relatively low.

I also use Blue Notary. Although I have had the “hybrid pro” plan for a few months, I have it turned off now because it just wasn’t profitable. It is extremely difficult to get “on demand” offers from them, unless you live very close to their location (Chicago). Yes, it’s the Internet, but that doesn’t mean the alert reaches everyone at the same time. By the time the alert reaches my browser, it could be several miliseconds, and that’s enough for others to respond before I even get a chance. Best to bring your own clients to the platform.

1 Like

The platform is good for the price, however don’t rely on BN sourced clients as they do not have enough volume coming in and what does come in is taken before the notification reaches you.

If you were to use BN and not wanted to make it profitable you would have to market your RON service pretty well. Iv been a pro hybrid member for awhile now and used the platform once for a notarization and the platform was so buggy I wasn’t able to complete the notarization in full.

There is a lot of bugs and there is also some very dirty promotion offer you will receive as a banner at top of page that is persistent and it will state very little but “switch to yearly pro hybrid plan and save $$$" well I clicked it wanting to learn more and sure enough without showing me any price or any details on it or any credits based on my existing subscription I was just immediately charged $240… after that the banner was still persistent.
I requested a refund immediately and only received a partial refund.

Oh and that 24/7 VIP support they advertise is wrong there is no support overnight at all.

I find the BN platform is well designed for RON if you bring your own clients; however, if your business model is relying on the open call RON jobs then you will be disappointed. I market RON and have used it to build my business, but relying on the open calls only is not sustainable, and BN recommends bringing your own clients to the platform versus relying on open calls. Payouts for open calls are relatively low, so respectfully I recommend using BN as a tool with the understanding that you’ll need to market and bring your own clients to the platform, as the volume and pay for open calls is relatively low.