BNN rude & unorganized

I accepted a job from BNN on 5/4/2020 and it was out of town ( 2 hours away) and roughly 200 pages and paid $115.
After I completed the job, the young couple decided to cancel. So I notified BNN and was asked to turn in the paperwork anyway and advise them of their RTC.
I was told because the client cancelled, I would get 65$ as per their cancellation policy.
Fast forward to NET 30 and I receive a check for 10$ ( Ten measly dollars) So I was pretty upset. I emailed BNN and requested an explanation and a corrected check. I sent them a total of 7 invoices and 7 attempts to get a corrected check.
Madeline Ricci is super rude and mouthy, she told me that I had already been paid and to check my accounting and that it was not her problem!!! I replied with “Yes you paid me… but the wrong amount lady!!! YOU check your accounting”
As of this morning, I emailed everyone that is listed as a contact, along with screen shots of the 10$ check, Screen Shot of their policy, and forwarded the unprofessional email ( that it wasnt her problem) to everyone.
I feel taken advantage of, and like nobody there cares about us notaries. I did the work, I don’t understand why they won’t pay me. Do they need the money more than me? Can BNN not afford to pay me my $55 ?!! How embarassing BNN, shame on you BNN !!

1 Like

Wow! I’m sorry you had to deal with that. It would seem like that if the signers cancel you would still be paid the $115 cause you completed the documents. It’s not your fault they cancelled. It appears that with these Signing Services their policies need to be read prior to taking assignment on when a clients cancels how much will be paid to the NSA. And to think you drove 2 hours one way so that’s a 4 hour trip for only $10. I would get the $115. I’ll be praying for you about this. This is terrible. God bless.
PS. Sounds like Small Claims Court to me. :face_with_monocle::thinking::ear:

2 Likes

I feel for you, I’ve been in similar situation about a month ago but C2C paid me, $30 out of $50
This is what happened, when I got to the borrowers’ house I found another NSA doing “my assigned job”… it happened that another escrow company hired notarial services at the same time, for same client :woman_facepalming:t2: YES! Very embarrassing situation… and by reading your post I see that NSAs have to go through, especially newbies like me

1 Like

This happened to me too with C2C, another notary who was local beat me to the signing. I got paid the travel fee anyways because the client had the docs mailed to them. I thought it was odd. Apparently it happens. It was the only time I got muscled out by another notary in 3,000 plus signings.

It was 10-12 mins drive, and they’re going to pay $30 (yes, still haven’t seen that money… LOL
STILL uncomfortable situation.

I’ve been doing loan signing for 19 years and have never heard of this. Drop this company. The customer cancelling has nothing to do with your notarization of the documents. You job is the complete once you drop the docs at Fedex & UPS. I bet the appraiser got full pay, I bet the title employees didn’t get a payroll deduction. Madeline Ricci is the owner of the business. She got a alot to learn about business. I got a way you can get paid, call the title company on the order everyday and complain BNN did not pay you, and you want to get on a 3 way call or email to Mrs. Ricci. Trust me, she doesn’t want to lose that account.

Good luck

4 Likes

I’m also going to give you this little piece of advice - unless you had other business (personal or otherwise) that you could have tended to in that area you really need to revisit your business plan - $115 for 4 hours of travel PLUS table time PLUS 200 pages (and please tell me that was borrowers’ copies too? ) - that is bargain basement fee. They’re being unfair to you and taking advantage of you and you’re being unfair to yourself.

As for the signing - you did the job, returned the package, told the people to use their right to rescind - you deserve FULL fee…and not a penny less.

JMO

6 Likes

Yep - This happened to me as well. They only paid me $10 and they were very rude. I will NOT do business with them again.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for sharing. The milage here is Texas would have exceeded both the $115 and $65 cancel
I hope your next few signing work in your favor. I will add :roll_eyes: on my BNN notes,

Did you call and confirm the appointment before you arrived? This happens often and I make it a point to reach the signer as I need to create a plan for Covid and prep the signers for copies of photo their photo IDs for the Patriot act.

Have they paid you the remainder $105 yet? Do you remember who was the Title Company and/or mortgage company? Reach out to them directly.

Reach out to title directly for your remainder $105.

Yes! 1 hr before. I guess when they saw the first person they thought it was me

Try calling 24h before the appointment time. That initial contact helps as I have gotten calls from signers saying that another notary had called to confirm their appointment afterward. I then reach out to the signing companies and they work out who wins. It helps to prevent loss of time and money printing documents and spending gas.

It is likely that the other notary called and made an appointment before you called.

1 Like