Bright Future For The Notary Public Community

The Notary Public communities has a lot of possibilities and opportunities. Today I received this offer for an assignment via text. “Are you available for a signing order for $65.00, requiring fax backs, refinance loan package.” I sent the following response back to the signing service:

"Hello Carl Fletcher,

WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR RESPONSE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
I AM AVAILABLE FOR $125.00
FOR THE ORDER TAKING PLACE ON 12/15/2023 IN JACKSONVILLE FL, 32218**.**
THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW ABOUT YOUR REQUIREMENTS CONDITIONS. YOUR CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND WILL BE REVIEWED BY OUR SCHEDULING TEAM.
IF WE ARE NOT TO SCHEDULE THE ORDER AS IT WAS ORIGIONALLY SENT OUT AND IF WE ARE ABLE TO MEET YOUR CONDITIONS WE WILL BE IN TOUCH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL OR FOLLOW UP WITH US ABOUT YOUR CONDITIONS.
WHEN WE ASSIGN AN ORDER TO YOU WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN ASSIGNING YOU AND WILL RECEIVE A TEXT MESSAGE AS WELL AS AN EMAIL WITH A COPY OF THE ORDER."

**I do not accept any mobile signing at $65.00, when I can perform a RON assignment at the same fee. During November and beginning of December, my average mobile signing fees has been between $100 up to $145. These companies can pay higher fees, if they are motivated to do so. Currently, these companies are getting some LSAs to work for minimum wages or less, after their operational costs are deducted. With the recent news from the Federal Reserve, I expect the year 2024 to hold new opportunities.

8 Likes

excellent !!! well done

2 Likes

Good for you Carl!! Hope they agree to your terms - IMO this is NOT an unreasonable fee.

If they agree, hope they are are one of the good guys - check here to just play it safe.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment.

Excellent! Well done. For a notary to do a full loan signing at $65.00 plus copies, plus scan backs is ridiculous! After you subtract all your cost you are making about $15 dollars!

2 Likes

@lindaa Hmmm . . . it appears that it would be less than $15 of profit.

Here is the result of one example calculation:

" If I took a $75 signing fee I would net $10.40
I would net roughly $4.62 per hour for a signing that took up 2.25 hours of my time."

Certainly, expenses can vary by region.

SOURCE: 🤩 IMPORTANT => Guideline for Creating Your List of Fees

:swan:

3 Likes

I agree with you! I refuse to do any loan package at $75.00 . I never have and I never will. The signing companies are making a very large profit off of the notaries when we accept such low ball fees!

3 Likes

If more NSA’s set the same standards, we’d likely get fewer offers of this kind. The problem is there are people in our market that believe taking low fees will earn them greater returns later. You’re not getting a raise ok? The way you start in this business is the way it’s going to end. Many have not yet figured out that we are ‘SELF EMPLOYED’ and not ‘EMPLOYEES’… so know your WORTH. If you want to be successful in this industry you must think like a CEO not a line worker looking for a raise.

5 Likes

I do the same thing with counteroffers as I won’t take these type of signings for under $100-$150 depending on location.

I have had huge success with getting the assignments with my counteroffers with the agencies that I frequently work with. accept my counteroffers.

Hope you get this one.

3 Likes

Like this response. You are so right Carl!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.