Celtic Signings-Class Action

If you’re notary who’s done work for Dennis McGrath of CELTIC SIGNINGS, leave your email. I’m going to contact an attorney in the state his business is registered to see about starting a class action lawsuit for non-payment.

Unless the class action also includes payment “enforcement,” it’s probably not worth the trouble. I could file a small claims action against one firm that’s not paying me right now, and I might even get a judgement in my favor. But what the court won’t necessarily do is enforce collection on that judgement.

Make sure your class action enforces payment, or results in a settlement they’re willing to pay.

We could sell the debt to a collection agency and let them deal with it.

1 Like

That’s a financial call. In my case, it wouldn’t be worth it to do it just for me. Maybe if it is a “class” and the class members are willing to accept some loss, it might be worth it.

@SaulGoodman It’s good that you’re reaching out via the Notary Cafe forum for contacting other professional signing agents [PSAs] who have yet to be paid for their successfully completed services. :crown:

I’d like to suggest that you Research the Notary Cafe database for additional threads, which will lead you directly to others in the same situation . . . It would be helpful as not everyone returns to the forum after creating a thread and/or post.

Of course, as I often say . . . It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Almost all members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

======

I’ve performed a cursory Search on your behalf (see threads below) to give you a lead on your Research. Reach out directly to each member affected in a similar scenario to achieve optimum results in gathering everyone.

Here is a direct Notary Cafe listing of one Search results for threads. Please research other spellings, singular, plural, etc. to encompass all . . .

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=%20Celtic%20Signings

:swan:

Fake news. I have never, ever of heard of a class action on the signing company. Just bring them to small claims, but it all end in the same result. Even if you win, just try to collect. You will never see your money. Just right it off as a loss. Or call the title company to get your payment.

Clearly someone got their Law degree from American Samoa. I consulted an attorney, a class action can indeed be filed. As far as collecting the debt, it can be sold to a debt collector. Try University or Phoenix next time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.