Condensing scanbacks

I just had a signing service ask to condense files before uploading them, so the escrow office doesn’t have to wait forever to download the file. Not very tech savvy and not sure how to do this. Any tips?

Give this a try. I find it a very simple way to compress files, at no cost!

1 Like

@notaryeasewithmichelle Great question. :partying_face:

In the PDF document => LEFT Click File

=> LEFT Click Save As

=> LEFT Click Reduced Size PDF

:swan:

1 Like

The menu shown by CNsa5 doesn’t look like what I see in Adobe Reader. Maybe it’s Adobe Acrobat, which I don’t have.

@ashton Great question.

Currently, I utilize Adobe Acrobat X Standard.

:swan:

Try doing a zip file:

In Windows

1. Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
  2. Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.

A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location. To rename it, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name

For a Mac
In a Finder window or on the desktop, do any of the following:

Compress a file or folder: Control-click it, then choose Compress from the shortcut menu.

If you compress a single item, the compressed file has the name of the original item with the .zip extension. If you compress multiple items at once, the compressed file is called Archive.zip.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.