Confirming Authentic Driver's License

I recall an Illinois title closing agent telling me that there was a contact/phone number to call at the Illinois Secretary of State’s office to confirm the authenticity of a driver’s license.

Is this the case in your State?

I doubt it. Fraudsters would tie it up constantly trying to “confirm” computer generated possibities.

I agree with Judi. We are in WA State and lucky if you can get anyone to answer the phone without being on hold for a very long time.

Forgo to say Hello IL ~ nice when people post what state they are located for comments. Wish forum would put state beside our smiling faces and call sign. :grinning:

1 Like

Not in my state. Our new drivers license that started in late 2022 do have text that glows under blacklight though. I did buy a little blacklight flashlight to check new IDs and cash currency paid.

1 Like

Texas does the same thing. It impressive when you can show the ‘magic’ under black light to a customer. You can also use a black light on US currency of $20 ad larger. Checks also have UV embedded threads in their paper.

You can actually uae it on all except the $1 bill now.

1 Like