Constitutional Notary

Have any of the experienced notaries ever heard of a Constitutional Notary? I received a call from someone asking if I was a Constitutional Notary.

I have never heard of it either; and I can’t find a definition via google search.

Ohio: Someone asked about the sovereign rights a couple of weeks ago on our notary network. The section previously appeared in the Ohio Revised Code but was removed in 2019 because most states has already removed it. The OP began complaining about it being removed from the ORC, as if we could put it back in. Apparently, he was in a custody battle where a judge didn’t grant visitation rights to him and he wanted to circumvent the court (like you said, for nonsense).
I went back to look for the post but either he or the moderator deleted it.
It was crazy-town.

1 Like

Your comment emphasizes letting us know what state you reside. Different laws for different states. Some states Notaries have to swear an oath with language that states they will abide by constitutional laws. This could be state constitution ~ need to read the fine print. Often legal office clerks that are also notaries, must abide by the oath whatever is appropriate for that location. In my past life with a day job that monitored all notaries in US States for my place of employment, ran into similar situations.

Sovereign citizen question on docs I have notarized in the past. Example: Person residing in CA purchasing property in WA and funds coming from relative outside of USA. When paper trail leads to funds outside of US, sovereign citizen question arises.

I’m sorry - I don’t understand this, Alice. Could you please explain further? Sovereign Citizens are groups who feel the U.S. and individual states have no authority over them. I don’t see how origin of funds applies.

Thanks

Sovereign citizen and other language in this regard is complicated for real estate transactions. Not an attorney just have seen language in documents. Here is a legal link for further information. Sovereign Real Property Definition | Law Insider

1 Like

I was advised to stay away from any activity regarding a sovereign citizen since they do not want to abide by the current laws. I won’t mess with that just because of the advice given.

2 Likes

I had a guy requesting 20 notarial stamps for him to separate himself from the federal government. I told him I was busy I could not help him. Is this the same thing - sovereign citizen?

1 Like

Many foreign countries have money filtering into US to purchase properties. Very active in Seattle area and surrounding towns. I added link above regarding sovereign applications for real estate but there are many laws surrounding other circumstances. Go with your gut and if not comfortable don’t provide notary service. If I can basically understand documents in signing pkg regarding sovereign language, will provide service. If over my head, will walk away. Usually can view pkg with language prior to printing. Changing world and there will be times we don’t 100% understand documents in pkg. Most questions can be researched online.

I had to google that question, secretly hoping my name didn’t appear in the search. Google had no answers except that if I signed up and paid for an online course I could make six figures doing loan signings.

Assembly Bill 75 passed by the California legislature removed a notarial protest as a proper request. Sovereign citizens used these protests to skirt taxes, credit card debt, and all sorts of crimes.

My recommendation is If your state still allows protests just play dumb on the phone. It always was a complicated process anyway.

1 Like

Yes it is , he is trying to claim sovereignty to start his own nation within the United States like Native Americans

Well, you started something here dear! anyone can buy property in the United States if they don’t use a lender

What does any of these answers have to do with a Constitutional Notary? In what relationship is Sovereign citizen to Constitutional Notary?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.