DC, VA & MD Commissions

Do anyone here hold a DC,VA & MD commission? If so I would like to know the process to attain all three. I’ve been on DC website and from what I gathered is: you have to work for a company located in DC or be a company with a DC address to get commissioned there. Am I on the right track? PLEASE HELP!!

Yes I believe you are on the right track. I can only speak for MD though …
To be commissioned in MD you must either be a resident of MD or have a place of employment in MD. - Either will require an address.

Effective October 1, 2021, you will be required to take a class and test to become a notary or renew your commission (MD)

You are also required to be a TIPIC (Title Insurance Producer Independent Contractor) to practice as an Loan Signing Agent.

A TIPIC is an independent contractor, including an attorney, who provides on behalf of a TIP (Title Insurance Producer) escrow, closing, or settlement services that may result in the issuance of a title insurance contract. A TIPIC must be a commissioned notary as well as be licensed by the Maryland Insurance Commissioner to conduct business in the state of Maryland.

I hope this helps, good luck :pray: