Did not take signing under $120 for 6 months

I agree time is money. Put a real value on that ans stand firm.

1 Like

Great answer! Weekly goals. I have to set some :+1:

1 Like

OK, guys
 I did stop taking orders for 6months
 Nothing under $120. I got like 
15 signings in 6 months
 Well, that didn’t work for me. I have 2 HP enterprise 607, Hp 404dwn, HP mfp426, and 3 Fujitsu x1500 scanners, lots of toners, a portable power supply, small hp printer for the car and a Fujitsu x500i for the car, 2 cases of letter and 3 reams of legal and tons of other office supplies.
How much longer should I stay firm to my $120? I countered almost all offer that came my way. I even went down to $100

2 Likes

Nobody can tell you what you should do. A lot depends on what the going rates are in your area and how much you personally need new business. A lot of us are kind of in a “reset” mode right now, adjusting to the new normal. Although we all knew that this would happen eventually, it kind of came on us suddenly, after the 1st of the year.

2 Likes

you dont have to input all signings when you do takes only the ones you get a 1099 form for so it doesn’t all add it you know what i mean?

What??? I have no words for this post
you’ve got to be kidding me

2 Likes

I don’t understand this post.

Follow yor gut, do not pay attention to everything here is true, plan your business, take the signings you consider acceptable and move on, it can be $75-$275 just make wise decisions and you will see results.

4 Likes

What do you consider to be wise decisions?

The ones tat make you comfortable running your business

1 Like

Sellers signing, 32 pages, 4 miles round trip friday night, Notaries rejected several times, so Title offered paying the max but it had to be signed before midnight Friday 04/08/2022.
Signing done @ 11:15 pm

5 Likes

Yep you can make good money in this business!

Ka- Ching
Ka- Ching
 Ka- Ching

1 Like

We are very busy in Colorado! Speaking for myself only, I gave back a total of 6 loans this week. Don’t know about anybody else but it’s very painful to let go of easy money:( :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I’m pretty busy as well. I was worried because I’m out of town this weekend but every offer yesterday came through for next week! Woot! Booked!

2 Likes

Easy money? that’s the thinking of TC’s and SS, some Notaries boasting doing signings p.e. (Refinances) in 30 minutes or less, and getting paid hefty amounts of money.
I in particular do not consider my work “Easy Money”, every signing takes time and dedication from us, so I consider my work value: “Professional Fees”, but never easy money

Wow, I just noticed that this title Company paid Express Notary Service Inc $500 for a Signing. I really need to open my own signing business. Just pay $200 to Notary and they will be very happy.

3 Likes

These numbers are so far off base. If it cost you $45 to print you need new equipment. A case of paper is $31 and toner for 8000 copies(usually get closer to 10000 is $90 for name brand. ) $31 divided by 5000 pages = .0062 cents per page. $90 divided by 8000 pages = .01125 Cost per page .01745 x 300 pages is $5.24 to print a 2 sets of docs. Milage is a tax deduction so for this scenario you would use actual cost of gas. 25 miles to the gallon 20 miles each way $4.50 a gallon(depending on location)
Gas $9
Printing $5.25
You have exaggerated these numbers badly.

9 Likes

Don’t let all this negativity discourage you from doing what you have to do.

7 Likes

Read her entire post 
 Wi!l compute better for you. And for you to blast her and you’ve been at this for
what? 5weeks!!! Pfftt