Do I Need to Use A Separate Phone to Receive NSA/GNW Requests?

Hi Everyone.
I’m a newbie mobile NSA located in Long Island, New York, and could use some beginner advice. Do you use a separate phone exclusively to receive email requests for GNW and NSA.work? If so, what is the best phone and service to use? I missed a request today for a Monday HELOC, because I was on an important phone call and it was 2 hours later when I saw the email. I really needed this assignment. Any other advice you can give me as a newbie would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of an NSA who had a separate phone just for this biz. But with the slowdown and very, very little business now, you definitely do not need it.

8 Likes

As mentioned…. No separate phone but what I have found helpful is getting a google voice number which is free and have it connected to your cellular phone. The calls will be forwarded if you set it up right and when they call the number it will identify on your call waiting as your business line. That way you will know how to greet the caller.

6 Likes

Needed? No. Preferred?? Yes

I did … Had landline home phone, husband has cell, I have cell and my cell was my work phone. Kept personal separate from business

4 Likes

I use a seperate email account (i have 5) and a good cell carrier in my area. My other emails are not set up with an alert. This one dedicated email has the alert. I dowloaded some extra loud alerts, so it even wakes me up. Just one phone and use the phone’s email program. My phone is an android. I aoso have alerts for text messages. Most companies do both text and email.

I use Google Voice to set up my business phone number. I loaded the App on my phone to ring when someone call my business number. One Cell phone two separate phone numbers. The App will also let you use your laptop for calls and let you see any incoming messages and place and receive calls from your laptop.

2 Likes

You only need 1 phone. If you get a call, when your on a call, put them on hold, and take the order.
If you think your going to be on long phone call, use your home phone for that.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for this advice.

Should I turn off the call screener option?

Yes turn it off…. It’s annoying

1 Like

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

No, you don’t have to, but it’s more professional to have a separate business line/email. You can get a separate business number linked to a single phone. That’s what I do. That way, you can tell which calls are for your business.

Thanks for the helpful information.

I started off with a Google number but that became annoying. So what i did was tag the text mesage for appointments with a different tone. I have missed one yet since i started doing that.

I hope this helps!!:blush:

I use ringcentral for my business line. It offers a bunch of other services and amenities to assist with organizing and planning, especially for meetings and appointments. You don’t need a new phone for it either, it works as an app on your phone and links to a desktop app as well. Check it out and see if you like it. Hopefully this helps.

1 Like

Will do. Thank you for the helpful information.

1 Like

Thanks for this helpful information.

1 Like