Do you Scan many packages at the table?

Who, me? Golly, gee (hanging head, shuffling feet, blushing) I’m just a Notary Public.

I ain’t smart enuff nor eddicated enuff to rate decent pay fer my work, ma’am.

What’s that there “double ent-er-an-der” thing?

1 Like

@judikidd :rofl: Too Cute! :rofl:

In the 4 years I have been a mobile notary-signing agent, it’s very rare I need to submit scan-backs. I have an app on my phone called Tiny Scanner and it actually works amazing. I have been wanting to purchase a scanner, but for me it wouldn’t be feasible, at least for now.

Hi Judi ~ I performed a signing in Bonney Lake WA few weeks ago and client was ticked off that previous Notary scanned docs at the table. I was hired to notarize docs again because previous Notary messed up. Accuracy more important than speed.

3 Likes

I only have one customer that requires at closing scans. I negotiated with them to scan only signature/initials pages in sequence for essential documents. Same day funding. I scan package at home on my Fujitsu for future day fundings. Make sure TC approves before doing it.

Driving and scanning at the same time? Sorry, but I don’t think that I ever want to try that. If someone needs those scans THAT quickly, then they had better pay me a lot more than they do for the job.

2 Likes

Personally, I want to do my final check, thank the signers, and leave before they can start asking questions I shouldn’t try to answer. I don’t even want to consider having to sit there at a table with people staring at me while I scan. How awkward!

I find a public park or parking lot, set up my scanner with laptop, and do the scans then. It works for me.

3 Likes

How many pages does that scan at a time? Lately I’ve had 100+ pages that need to be scanned back.

1 Like

I scan at least 8-10 documents at a time. Epson 300 scanner works very fast.

yes, because sometimes there isn’t enough room at the signing
or there isn’t a table at all. Let’s be honest

Does it process legal also? How many pages can you put in at a time?

Yes it scans legal documents. I can scanned as many as 10 documents at once.

I’m there with you. I check the package at the table then get back to the office to scan if needed.

1 Like

I just completed an out of state, Pennsylvania, closing in Texas. There were 183 pages in the package. I’ve had Texas VA Refis that exceeded 280 page. If I tried to mobile scan I’d have pages all over the inside of my truck.

I use the EPSON RR-600W receipt scanner. It is a little bulky, but it makes scanning really easy. I have a car with a hatchback, this is where I will scan the documents if the lender needs them asap. I always check my documents before I leave the signing table, and I drive to the nearest McDonald’s. I park and open my hatchback, take out my scanner, and computer, log into McD’s wireless network, and “BOOM!” I am set to scan the documents.

All of my equipment is kept in a covered box, along with everything I need to scan the documents. I have a 110v adapter that allows me to plug in my scanner, and the connect the scanner line directly to my computer. This allows me to scan the documents quickly, and upload them in about 15 minutes after the signing appointment.

Also, I have never asked a borrower or signer to allow me to setup my equipment in their home to scan documents. I always find a McD’s, or Starbucks, even a Library, or somewhere else in the neighborhood because I know these businesses have a wireless network and a parking lot to setup in without any problems.

Wow, that’s odd that a client would be mad at seeing their document’s transmitted. If the Notary messed up the signing, I bet there was more going on than that. Ive never had a client get upset with me setting up my scanner at the table. 100% of them in the last 3 years have been impressed!

No signing Service that I’ve worked with have asked me to scan onsite, unless its a Purchase transaction where Title might want it within 90 minutes of the start time.

1 Like

It’s not necessarily that the client would be mad. Sometimes they are in a real hurry to finish the signing because they need to be someplace else. You would be holding them up. Unless you discuss your need to scan the documents from their residence prior to the signing and they agree to the extra time, I just wouldn’t plan on doing that. I know that many of my clients ask me on the introductory phone call…“How long will this take?”

I have never been required for Scan backs since i left Notary Go. At first I was concerned I would need to purchase a scanner, but it turns out i really dont.

If i do need to scan: I have on my phone an app called Tiny Scanner. You pay once and you have contant usage. Truthfully I ise it more for my personal docs that notary. Works well and i never need to lug around an actual scanner

I would hate to try to scan back 150 pages with one of those phone apps.

1 Like

I love the way you wrote that :laughing: